Favourite song ever? I've changed mine...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
planet (icelandic version) - the sugarcubes (sykurmolarnir)

Tetedelacourse

Fnaar said:
For sheer ridiculousness, it's hard to beat "Musclebound" by Spandau Ballet. Mind you, "True" is a great song, and "I don't need this pressure on" is pleasantly funky, if you like that sort of thang.

The use of the riff from Chant no. 1 in Rui Da Silva's "Touch Me" was excellent I thought, and better than the original song simply because it didn't have Tony Hadley rapping in it.

gbb

Legendary Member
Records i keep coming back to.....

Hendrix, Driving South
Hendrix again, Room Full of Mirrors

Never ever get fed up of listening to those.

bonj2

I've remembered what the best song EVER is - i heard it on the radio last night on the way to squash. It is:

"ALL THAT SHE WANTS IS ANOTHER BABY!" by Ace Of Base :ohmy: :biggrin:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

bonj said:
"ALL THAT SHE WANTS IS ANOTHER BABY!" by Ace Of Base :ohmy: :biggrin:

That song is one of my youth: it reminds me of primary school discos - everyone standing around in the Annexe of Watford Fields Primary School. The girls with their stonking early 90s dancing; the boys mucking about with their Global Hypercolour t-shirts, stamping so that their trainers flashed, eating sweets, and sliding about on their knees. The boys and girls rarely spoke and then there was a raffle, in which the grand prize was usually a calculator. Life was so simple when that song was released.

bonj2

SamNichols said:
That song is one of my youth: it reminds me of primary school discos - everyone standing around in the Annexe of Watford Fields Primary School. The girls with their stonking early 90s dancing; the boys mucking about with their Global Hypercolour t-shirts, stamping so that their trainers flashed, eating sweets, and sliding about on their knees. The boys and girls rarely spoke and then there was a raffle, in which the grand prize was usually a calculator. Life was so simple when that song was released.
:ohmy: indeed
there's another song of that ilk aswell, although i can't remember what it's called, by or goes like. But it can be heard on peep show when they Jeremy puts his 'sex mix' CD on, and sounds a bit reggae-ish. early nineties i think.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
there's another song of that ilk aswell, although i can't remember what it's called, by or goes like.
Yeah, I know that one. Tum-ti-tum-titty-tum-ti-tum-tum, isn't it?

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

bonj said:
there's another song of that ilk aswell, although i can't remember what it's called, by or goes like. But it can be heard on peep show when they Jeremy puts his 'sex mix' CD on, and sounds a bit reggae-ish. early nineties i think.

I believe that you mean: Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre. But, that might be my faulty memory of all things Peep Show. It could be: Aswad 'Shine', Shaggy 'Oh Carolina' or anything by Chakademus and Pliers. I think I'm right with the first one though.

bonj2

Fnaar said:
Yeah, I know that one. Tum-ti-tum-titty-tum-ti-tum-tum, isn't it?

something like that, yes :ohmy: :biggrin:
SamNichols said:
I believe that you mean: Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre. But, that might be my faulty memory of all things Peep Show.
No, I know what that sounds like and it's not that (and i don't think it's ever been on peep show).
The tune i'm thinking of hasn't got particularly well defined lyrics although I think the distinctive bit is its chorus, even though it is just mumbling/la-la-la.

Fnaar said:
It could be: Aswad 'Shine', Shaggy 'Oh Carolina' or anything by Chakademus and Pliers. I think I'm right with the first one though.

could be either of those....i'll check 'em out

Top Bottom