Fed Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last year i started to convert my mountain bike to something that was more suited to doing some small tour type rides on the road which worked quite well but for this year i planned to buy a more purpose built bike for the job either a decent hybrid or something like a Dawes Horizon or Revolution country traveller ... all was going to plan untill last week i cracked the head on my Taxi and the Turbo was boiling water like a kettle on speed :tongue: so i've had to buy myself a new Taxi :sad: which will put my new bike plans back untill next year

(On a positive note) I'm taking a week off towards the end of this month and have earmarked a couple of those days to do the Devon c2c

Simon

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just relax and enjoy the C2C, is Jake going it too?

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Scoosh ... I'm not really very mechanically minded but my mechanic used some special (trade secret) jollop stuff to try and cure the cracked head i believe its a copper and ground glass compound ? which did work (to a point) but when the turbo was activated for more than about 2 minutes it just boiled the water in the cooling system, if i lifted the bonnet i could see the water boiling up in the header tank ... the car was on 183.000 miles and i was still on the original clutch as well so that would've needed changing sometime soon i would imagine, the repair bill would've been over the £2,000 mark so i was better off putting it towards a new car, which i did and bought a Citroen Xsara Picasso VTX

Jock ... i will definately forget all about motorised vehicles whilst doing the c2c :tongue: not sure if Jake is going to do the ride as well as he already has some other commitments for that week but if we can rearrange his stuff then yes i expect he'l come along too ... which will be a good thing

Simon

Top Bottom