feel like a teenage girl .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Im that excited!!!!

I have just heard my favourite band ever have reformed. They might not be to everyones taste, but for me they revolutionised music in the early 90's (after the shoot of the 80's)and set me on a path of unshakeable love for music in general, which has since diversified into many different genres.

The STONE ROSES have anounced a comeback tour this summer. Now all i have to do is get a ticket before all the touts start buying em all up and selling them for hundreds.

I thought you were going to say Bros or East17 were reforming for a moment.

Greedo

I love the Stone Roses but I just feel a bit sad about this.

I always liked the fact they didn't go on and on like other bands.

Fell out, split up and left a couple of faultless albums to remember them by.

This is obviously money related and I can only think going to see them will be a huge disappointment. I hope not though!

got-to-get-fit said:
Im that excited!!!!

I have just heard my favourite band ever have reformed. They might not be to everyones taste, but for me they revolutionised music in the early 90's (after the shoot of the 80's)and set me on a path of unshakeable love for music in general, which has since diversified into many different genres.

The STONE ROSES have anounced a comeback tour this summer. Now all i have to do is get a ticket before all the touts start buying em all up and selling them for hundreds.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

most of the band were well up for it but it took the money to persudae Ian Brown.
There is no mention of a 3rd album so anything they do in the summer will be like a greatest hits tour, so massive nostalgia gig playing some of the best songs of the era.

It might be different in a years time if they do decide to knock out a 3rd album, it will need to be something special to stand up to the first two.

I saw the stone roses in a pub in stockport in 1988. they were quite good.
I agree about Ian Brown although their drummer (Mani? or is it Reni?) is unshakeable.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Kirstie said:
I saw the stone roses in a pub in stockport in 1988. they were quite good.
I agree about Ian Brown although their drummer (Mani? or is it Reni?) is unshakeable.

Reni

Ian Browns voice is weak, agreed.

and it can be a bit droney.....but thats part of the charm...its that laid back couldnt give a shite, attitude that gave the roses their 'two fingers up' charm.

I think the guitars and drumming are out of this world even if squires does rip off hendrix.

The lyrics are wonderful and when you add it all up it turns into this amazing sound that defines an era and an attitude.

U

User482

Greedo said:
I love the Stone Roses but I just feel a bit sad about this.

I always liked the fact they didn't go on and on like other bands.

Fell out, split up and left a couple of faultless albums to remember them by.

This is obviously money related and I can only think going to see them will be a huge disappointment. I hope not though!

+1

Having said that, I saw the Mondays on their first (!) reunion tour, and they weren't half bad. At least they were honest enough to admit that they were doing it because they were skint.

Ah the joys of being in a band, lauded for being free spirits, sticking it to The Man with your devil-may-care attitude and embodying youthful rebellion.

Then you come crawling back on your bellies because your solo career was crap, there's a mortgage to pay on the flat in St Ives, the bass player has run out of cash for his habit and your standard of living is in danger of dropping below that of a second division footballer. I mean, who can possibly live on less that a few hundred thou a year?

You were money grabbing commercial wh8res all along and I diskard you utterly. The Spice Girls, who were always tarts, are more welcome than you are.

Top Bottom