Feeling a bit shaken up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was working away last week and left my old Mercedes at the garage to have a couple of jobs done.

Just read in the paper that the mechanic/owner was killed at work on Thursday whilst working on a car :sad:

There's currently a Police and HSE investigation going on and I won't get my car back for a while. :sad:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ruddy heck, that's bad news :-(

Sorry to hear that, but however much we strive to prevent it, there will always be accidents. :sad:

Reminds me of a faux pas I once committed, at the garage where I used to get my car done. It was the sort of place where I used to just call in on the way to work, to book the car for a service, rather than phoning. Run by two chaps, independent back street place. One day, calling in, I discovered the mechanic, Brian, who usually worked on my car, unusually wearing a suit and his wife with him. I mentioned that I wanted such-and-such looked at, "but, if you're going out today, Brian, could Derek take a look please?"

Pause.

"Er - no - Derek died last week. We're just going to the funeral."

Oops.

Although this was natural causes, not an accident, it later transpired (not from Brian - from a neighbour) that it wasn't all that 'natural'. Derek was dallying with a lady other than Mrs Derek, when the heart attack came. Of course this might have been just gossip...

Top Bottom