Filey based route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm taking my aging mum to Filey next week as a potentially final holiday as she's been diagnosed with the big C.

I suspect I might need to escape for a few hours so looking for any road routes anyone might have, up to 50 miles?
Based at The Bay in Primrose Valley.

Any nice routes with a gpx gratefully accepted

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I only live a short ride down the coast, but despite doing thousands of miles a year I've only ever ridden up as far as Filey once & that was a couple of weeks ago. Strava details https://www.strava.com/activities/1793933418 If you wanted to cut it down to 50 miles, you could just join the loop at Kilham & cut the bottom segment of the ride off :okay: The Flixton climb was a real test, so you may be able to change the route to take a less severe climb, but I'm not too familiar with those roads so not sure :blush:

ps the weather looks reasonable round here next week, so hope you have a nice break with your Mum :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Thanks. Looking at that route brings back some memories. Used to go to Ulrome in a caravan every year as a kid!

Should be able to do something with that, quite like the look of the flixton climb, although I may change my mind when Im there!

Thanks again

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Thanks. Looking at that route brings back some memories. Used to go to Ulrome in a caravan every year as a kid!

Should be able to do something with that, quite like the look of the flixton climb, although I may change my mind when Im there!

Thanks again

We used to go to Ulrome all the time with our caravan, then we moved over here :okay:
The climb at Flixton is horrible (IMO) just a steep straight climb that goes up & up, no bends, so you can see it all :sad:

If you travel further along the A64 (not a pleasant road though) there's Ganton Hill & Lutton Lane (West Hesslerton) Probably longer & as steep as Flixton, but not straight so I found them easier ^_^ I did those 2 on a ride earlier this summer whilst it was quite hot :wacko:

Top Bottom