Films which left you in tears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm liking these film threads...

I remember watching The Champ when i was about 10 years old. Great film and it was aired quite late, so as soon as it finished if feigned a yawn and went to bed... and cried my eyes out!

Then a few decades later i watched Million Dollar Baby and about 3/4 of the way through [sup](trying to avoid spoilers)[/sup] during one of the hospital scenes, that was it... i balled for the remaining half an hour or so. I vowed never to watch that film again (although it was excellent).

I often get a chin like a walnut or the odd tear at loads of films and tv shows, but these two... :cry: blimey.

Anybody else become particularly over emotional at a certain film?

edited to make the emoticon work

TVC

Paris Texas.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The first film I went to see at the cinema was Bambi, and of course I cried. But that set a precendent and now I cry at the drop of a hat in movies.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The dying replicant at the end of Blade Runner always gets to me.

Adasta

The dying replicant at the end of Blade Runner always gets to me.

Roy Batty. Played amazingly by Rutger Hauer. 'Tears in rain.'

roy-batty.jpg

I have to say that Forrest Gump never fails to make me well up. People mock it for being ridiculous or unrealistic, and it may very well be, but the needless torment Forrest receives coupled with his amazingly unpretentious insight into the ludicrousness of life is profound. The scene at the end when he meets "little Forrest" really underscores this and, I think, ensures that the film is much more than just a fantastical tale.

Stephenite

Membå
It doesn't take much for me to start welling up.

King Kong was the first film to ever make me sad. I can't bear to watch it.

And as someone mentioned, the hospital bed scene in 'Million Dollar Baby'. But there are many.

leyburnrunner

films that look back on childhood usually get me so last nights viewing of 'flashbAcks of a fool' was just the ticket! dAniel craig looking back to his youth. very emotional film. a real gem.

Allirog

The scene in' Carry on at your convenience' when Lew Boggs manages to win Myrtle from Vic Spanner is a real tearjerker and always has me sniffling and looking around for a sleeve to wipe my nose on

Top Bottom