Finally i have done it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donkey

A couple of months ago i completed my first 50 mile ride and felt chuffed with myself so i thought the next target was my first 100km and finally after 4 attempts over the last few weeks i finally did it today 63.7 miles but boy am i knackered now.At least i have a week to recover before i try for my first audax of a 108km at the cotswold expedition next sunday.Then before the end of the summer i would like to acheive a 100mile ride if i manage to stay injury free.:sad:

jimboalee

Are you doing the clockwise, or the anticlockwise?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Nice one Donkey, I did my first 60 mile event (and 60mile ride) today and I Loved it... although last 5 miles hurt! Doing a 140k Sportive in September so need to get some training in.

well done!

OP
OP
D

donkey

yes the last 5 mile took its toll on my legs also but my rear seems to be the worst for wear also.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
donkey said:
yes the last 5 mile took its toll on my legs also but my rear seems to be the worst for wear also.

The soreness I think you will get used to... I applied Sudocream with great generosity and didnt suffer any chaffing either which was great.

OP
OP
D

donkey

Thanks for the words of encouragement i cant wait to get out again although my body may not agree for a while.I think i will take it easy this week leeding up to sundays 108km.

Garz

Squat Member
Out of interest, to the guys who do 50+ miles often, do you have a day's rest or manage to go out back to back without much problem?

RedBike

Out of interest, to the guys who do 50+ miles often, do you have a day's rest or manage to go out back to back without much problem?

For me it all depends on pace. I can happily ride 50+ mile rides back to back without too much trouble provided they're at a steady pace . If I push myself hard on a ride, even just 10miles, then the next day my legs are sore and tired.

jimboalee

donkey said:
im doing the 108km clockwise route with a freind who also hasnt done a 100km yet.

Oh.

The bad news is there is a 12% rise between Long Marston and Welford, and a longish climb up to Binton from the Welford 'T'.

The worse news is that between Welford Village Store and the finish, there are bugger all shops - which is the final 20 miles - So bottle up!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Congratulations. Every milestone is worthy of praise in my books.

donkey said:
A couple of months ago i completed my first 50 mile ride and felt chuffed with myself so i thought the next target was my first 100km and finally after 4 attempts over the last few weeks i finally did it today 63.7 miles but boy am i knackered now.At least i have a week to recover before i try for my first audax of a 108km at the cotswold expedition next sunday.Then before the end of the summer i would like to acheive a 100mile ride if i manage to stay injury free.:ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well done. I think any distance was good yesterday in that heat. As someone who started doing metric centuries regularly last autumn, they do get easier, honestly!

Top Bottom