Firefox 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Wheelhouse

Firefox 4 is now out. Most people should upgrade if they have an earlier version of FF. Linky
If anyone wants to know how many people have downloaded it it. Linky
Finally a new feature that could be really useful to some people. App tabs

rusky

CC Addict
Let's hope it's less buggy than the betas!

zexel

Veteran
A lot of my add-ons don't work with 4, have gone back to 3.6.16. Will wait till they've caught up.

Melvil

I LOVE the new app tabs feature - very handy - if one of your app tabs is mail and you've got stuff in your inbox it subtly glows so you can see this kind of thing at a glance.

ohnovino

Large Member
Installed it last week. Definitely faster then 3.6 on my old XP laptop, although it has crashed twice already (both Flash-related). It seems to pull pages out of the cache instantly. Only one of my add-ons isn't compatible yet, and that should be fixed pretty soon.

So far I have found No (refresh button) inconvenient on CC

F5 does the same thing (or Ctrl+F5 to force the browser to reload everything)

rusky

CC Addict
Anyone know how to stop FF playing the introduction to panoramas when it loads??

nilling

Über Member
I LOVE the new app tabs feature - very handy - if one of your app tabs is mail and you've got stuff in your inbox it subtly glows so you can see this kind of thing at a glance.

Try the add-on Tab Scope, gives to a little window when mouse is on the tab :smile:

peterdowning

Veteran
Installed it last week. Definitely faster then 3.6 on my old XP laptop, although it has crashed twice already (both Flash-related). It seems to pull pages out of the cache instantly. Only one of my add-ons isn't compatible yet, and that should be fixed pretty soon.

F5 does the same thing (or Ctrl+F5 to force the browser to reload everything)

Or right click... Reload

Top Bottom