First 100 miler!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's done!!!! :tongue: Went out with Garstang Cycling Club yesterday on their annual windmill ride which takes in the 11 windmills in the area. So that was about 70 miles, plus the ride to and and from Garstang...then had to do a few loops of Preston docks to get the missing 6 miles. Overall total: 101.4 :biggrin:

Was one of the wettest rides I've ever been on, rained on and off all morning and the little country roads were flooded in lots of places, sometimes so much that there was no way you could just scoot through and avoid pedalling, so every time I thought my shoes were drying out, they got another soaking.

Fitness-wise I was absolutely fine for the first 75miles when I stopped to empty my shoes out once again, but then for some reason really hit the wall on the last (and tiny) climb - a load of full fat coke and some more food in Garstang sorted me out enough to make it home, but by the time I had finished the circuits of the docks I was literally aching all over...was hobbling around like a 90 year old. Still, on the good side, I had no problems with the clipless pedals, no achey foot or sore knees at all (well, at least till the last few miles when everything started to hurt anyway).

Woke up this morning still feeling rather delicate and after a test sit on a hard surface decided to scrap the 40 miler I had been thinking about for today and had a sleep day instead! Very nice it was, too!

Furthest I had done before was about 70miles and that seems to be my current comfort level, but was determined to get the 100 in this time. So, it's finally done, I'm quite impressed with myself, I can join the 100-mile club and I won't have to do it again for a long time!!!! :biggrin:

Now all that's left is cleaning the very cruddy bike - really couldn't face that last night!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jolly good - double bonus points for horrible weather !!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Congratulations.

What's the next target: 200?

My current one day record is 200 km and I've decided that once in my life, I want to do 200 miles in a day and am looking at next summer.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well done :tongue:

puddleglum

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know, I was there too :tongue:
The shoes are still soaking, everything aches and the bike is filthy, but what a fab time!
(Wishing I could put posts on normally - the computer system at work won't let me, for some reason)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent, Well done. :tongue:
My furthest has been 92 miles in July and am still kicking my self for not cranking out those last 8 miles.

Top Bottom