First Commute for 18 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rykard

Veteran
Hi,
just got in after my first commute for 18 months. One word OW!:ohmy:

I think it will take a few rides to get my undercarriage acclimatised again :sad:

Apart from that felt pretty good...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yep, it'll take a few days! Meanwhile, keep up the John Wayne walk... :biggrin:

Well done on getting back in the saddle - was there a reason for the long break?

OP
OP
R

Rykard

Veteran
Yep, it'll take a few days! Meanwhile, keep up the John Wayne walk... :biggrin:

Well done on getting back in the saddle - was there a reason for the long break?

Injury - did my back (3months) then shoulder (3 months), illness kept getting colds/flu type stuff anything that was going, 'laziness' became really unfit kept saying next week - then summer became winter and I didn't feel I was i a good place mentally or physically to start.

My car was in for an MOT and service yesterday and all normal mechanised transport was unavailable, hate buses with a passion and get car sick, so I got on the bike could have been a warmer day but felt pretty good on both arrivals... planning on doing it again on Friday..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
When I started I found that the 2nd and 3rd days were the worst. I just had to tough it out for the first week and have had no further saddle related issues.

OP
OP
R

Rykard

Veteran
When I started I found that the 2nd and 3rd days were the worst. I just had to tough it out for the first week and have had no further saddle related issues.

I play badminton Tues/Thursday nights and don't want to overdo it like I normally do and end up sick....

Top Bottom