First day on new commute bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a few quick thoughts after my first commute on my giant seek 2.
Weather windy but cut fifteen minutes off my normal commute time. I looked into gear use and cadence last night, wow time well spent. I think I avoided cross chain and felt fresh in the legs. Any new cyclists I recommend a search on the above on you tube, some really good information there. The bike gears I found lovely, good range for each situation. Seat, comfortable for me, I also have a gel cover. Panniers used for first time, lovely to ditch ruck sack weight.
I found that I could leave the gears do the work and remain in the saddle. 29 inch wheels make a huge difference, had 26 inch wheels before. Brakes seem good ( bit squeaky as people say but it dont bother me) Oh and the bike bell is good! Lol. :smile:

Cyclist33

Pictures.

lol

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Glad you enjoyed it :biggrin:

By 29 " tyres i assume you mean your bike has 29 er rims (the same size as a road bike ) rather than the standard 26" MTB standard rim?

OP
OP
T

The_East_Stand_View

Cheers, yes the rim size.

I'd like to get a bike computer next and some decent cycle clothes. Been wearing hiking clothes for couple of years on bike.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i rode a ladies marin larkspur today for my commute first non road bike for about 2 months it would have been quicker almost to walk , but very nice upright riding position and nice to ride as well just a bit slow

Top Bottom