First of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
Had my first visit from the 'fairy' on the way home today :ohmy:

Left work early as my son was doing a solo on his violin at the school open evening. Got half way home and the back end felt odd. Stopped (on a bridge but didn't take a photo!) and the air was missing. Pumped it up but by the bottom the hill it had gone again. Removed back wheel and patched the inner tube. Made it home just in time to clean up, eat and get to school.

Not too bad I suppose, just over 1300 miles with no visit and the boy did very well with his solo :blush:

Oh, and it was drizzling!

yenrod

Miraculous!

And on the 7th month..

Levad punctured ! :ohmy:

hackbike 6

Carry spare tubes.dont faff about mending p*nctur*s.if i get one p*nct*re i tend to ditch the tube anyway.
There i was thinking i'd go ten years without a rear wheel p*nct*re when i fitted the `thorn` resistant inner tube.it was about twenty five miles when i had a visit.class easy to find.it was a nail.going to refit it again.

OP
OP
levad

levad

Veteran
Just checked the make of tyre :- Continental Contacts 700x28
Wear :- still got some tread, although more worn on one side as I am a uni-pannier-ist

I couldn't find what caused the hole but it was more towards the sidewall, I checked the rim tape, the rim and the inside of the trye. I do ride on a lot of country "gritted" roads so it may have been bit of rogue grit. A lot of the lanes are covered in bits of branches, twigs and leaves due to the recent windy weather.

I tend to check and adjust the pressures once a week and set them to about 100psi (sidewall says max of 102psi).

I have also noticed that I have some "side" play in the rear wheel, I guess the cones needed to be tightened.

Any more info needed?

Maz

Guru
I would put the pannier on the other side for a while to even out the tyre wear if i were you. :ohmy:

Top Bottom