first paddle of year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I managed my first swim of the year a couple of weeks ago.
photo.JPG

Was on Copacabana beach, Rio though and at 09:30 in the morning too. Very rarely does the job have its plus points.

I managed my first swim of the year a couple of weeks ago.
View attachment 8248

Was on Copacabana beach, Rio though and at 09:30 in the morning too. Very rarely does the job have its plus points.
Blimey Piemaster how did you end up there? Did the skipper take a wrong turn out of Hull and not realize his mistake for about eight days:smile:?

I was visiting one of the boats the company has working there. It was a few hours delayed getting into port so made the most of it. 3 hours after the photo I'd been on the boat 15 minutes and had soaked a boiler suit in sweat whilst oil was dripping onto my head. Which is more what the job is like normally.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
She looks as if she brought her own... but can't think they'd be very effective- where's her whistle and top up?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
just had my first toe dip of the year at Gorleston nr grt yarmouth , boy was it cold , but a glorious day
Had a holiday at the Haven site at Gt Yarmouth last year. Swimming up and down the beach, I had a seal swimming about 10' away. I'd swim 100yds. Stop and a couple of seconds later his head would pop up

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I keep looking at that, recently got into the OSS mindset and it regularly gets mentioned
I'm hopefully heading over to Holyhead area in the next few weeks. Some great crystal clear sea swimming round Treardur Bay

Top Bottom