first ride in 20 yrs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick h

Well finally got out on the mtb this afternoon. Went to go round the block but only made it. Round the corner. I had to come back because I was totally nackered.iwas gasping for breath looks like I will. Be taking it easy phew

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Well finally got out on the mtb this afternoon. Went to go round the block but only made it. Round the corner. I had to come back because I was totally nackered.iwas gasping for breath looks like I will. Be taking it easy phew

No no no! Don't give up please. Try again tomorrow and just try to go a little further. And repeat the treatment until the next thing you know you'll be right back into it and having a great time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done !
a Little bit further every time , take it at a speed you can ride comfortably and do not worry about your time or speed as these will get better very quickly as your fitness improves.Keep it up !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Keep going. You've done round the block. Next time two blocks and then find a route which is 4-8 miles.

Then try that, no matter how many times you stop for a rest, until you can get round without stopping. You'll be fitter at the end of it!

OP
OP
mick h

mick h

Thanks for all the encouragement. I can go a bit further now that I have adjusted. The saddle it feels better I'm doing roughly 5 mile a time not a lot but I seem to be getting better each time I go out. I have a ride one night then miss the next. Then ride again. I find that on the nights off I'm itching to go out but don't want to do too much to start with

BirdOnnaBike

I got the bug again after many years away, so know exactly how it feels! By summer, you'll be amazing yourself!

Pedal pusher

Veteran
I was very much like you hadn't ridden in years thought I'd give it a go a couple of months a go - Rode 18 miles Saturday - and remember give ur self a pat on the back and be proud of your achievements how ever small u think they are.

Top Bottom