First ride of the year...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
And also my longest ride to date.

Managed 34 miles in just over 2 hours. The first 14 miles went quickly, with an average of 18.9 mph, which I believe was assisted by a tail wind. The next 13 miles were hindered by a fairly strong head wind, where I seemed to struggle to get much above 12 mph. Fortunately a change of direction made the last few miles to home that little bit easier.

Need to get a few more of these under my belt as I am hoping to do my first 100 miler in May and also to cover a total of 3,000 miles in 2012. A good start at least!

Matt

peejay78

good work in today's tough weather conditions. (i'd stay at home tomorrow)
you'll be fine by May, steadily increase the miles and time in the saddle.
3000 miles is 60 miles per week. if you're building up to a 100 miler you will hit this target quite comfortably. getting into a routine is key to all of it.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Today? Longest ride ever?
blackhat.gif

I take my hat off to you, sir

Hip Priest

Veteran
My first ride yesterday was a very difficult 16 miles, a good 20 miles shorter than my regular ride. Disheartening, but I'd been off the bike for three weeks due to illness, followed by Xmas excess.

I'm aiming for 4000 miles in 2012. I expect to be behind target a little until Spring, then I can start putting the serious miles in.

Top Bottom