First ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roscoe

Veteran
Bought a Carrera TDF last weekend, first ride today.

It was only 45 minutes, but it felt amazing. Been riding a mountain bike for years and this feels so different but in good way.

What a difference, light and fast, but omg, you really feel every bump In the road!

Pedals are taking a bit of getting used to, they have toe straps fitted and I'm finding it a bit of a faff getting my foot in after I stop. Getting easier though.

All in all, well chuffed, I'm now officially a roadie and a MAMIL!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Once you go clipless you never go back :smile: congrats on the new wheels!

WorcesteRob

Über Member
I'm just in the process of choosing my first proper roadie and can't wait! I've always been a keen MTB rider but this year I am taking the plunge. Roll on the better weather

doctornige

The better weather was with us today. The Peak District was full of road riders in groups. I put a slog in from Whaley to Sparrowpit in decent conditions. Dry roads, 8 degC, little wind.

migrantwing

Veteran
Congratulations, Roscoe! :thumbsup:

My first 'proper' road bike was a Carrera TDF '07/'08 (apart from a few 'Racers' back when I was a kid). Can't go far wrong with a TDF for a first roadie! Have fun!

Fubar

Guru
Bought a Carrera TDF last weekend, first ride today.

It was only 45 minutes, but it felt amazing. Been riding a mountain bike for years and this feels so different but in good way.

What a difference, light and fast, but omg, you really feel every bump In the road!

Pedals are taking a bit of getting used to, they have toe straps fitted and I'm finding it a bit of a faff getting my foot in after I stop. Getting easier though.

All in all, well chuffed, I'm now officially a roadie and a MAMIL!

Agreed! I liken it to going from my 4x4 softroader to my wifes' MX5 - from soft and wallowey to hard, light and responsive, and like someone's removed the cement bags from the back of the bike!

Top Bottom