First Sportive done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparty69

So, I am no longer a sportive virgin, having completed the polocini winter sprinter on Sunday. I did the 30 miler and, despite getting lost and doing 4 miles more than I should have, I had a great time. I think the weather helped as it was a beautiful morning. I know Al has been on and apologised for the route signage problems, but even with these minor hitches it was a well organised and thoroughly enjoyable event. The plus side for me is that I didn't embarass myself time wise either. I came 16th fastest out of the 54 entrants for the 30 mile route. Imagine where I might have come had I not got lost :biggrin: :biggrin: . Now, all I need to do is plan my nest one. A longer ride this time me thinks. The Evans ride it in the Peak in June looks promising.

Polocini

Veteran
I'm re running it for free for everyone who entered the 30 miles on the 29th April. I sent an email out yesterday. Come along and see if you have improved!
This is now three threads with a mention of the winter sprinter. You are going to get me in trouble with the mods!!

AL

OP
OP
S

sparty69

Sorry Al, don't want to get you into bother. Unfortunately I might not be able to make the 29th April as I'm due to work. I should know for definite on Thursday if I'm working or not. When will the photo's be posted?. I'm asking that but I don't even think I'll be on any of them as I don't recall seeing the photographer at any point during my ride.

Polocini

Veteran
The photographer is in the process of sorting them. She took over 900 pics. There has to be one of you somewhere!!
The 29th is a bank holiday. Pull a sickie and come for a ride!!!

AL

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The next one in the area is the Kilotogo Cheshire Cat on the 27th March.

They do a choice of route lengths, and it will almost certainly be a well run and very, very popular event, although I suspect the food wont be as good as Polocini :smile:

The 45 miler is relatively flat, and the 65 adds a couple of decent climbs including the "slightly steep" Mow-Cop "killer mile".

If you're free on the day it's definately worth a go.

OP
OP
S

sparty69

The next one in the area is the Kilotogo Cheshire Cat on the 27th March.

They do a choice of route lengths, and it will almost certainly be a well run and very, very popular event, although I suspect the food wont be as good as Polocini :smile:

The 45 miler is relatively flat, and the 65 adds a couple of decent climbs including the "slightly steep" Mow-Cop "killer mile".

If you're free on the day it's definately worth a go.

Unfortunately I'm not able to do this one. I had looked at it but when I looked at my diary I found that I was already doing something that day.

OP
OP
S

sparty69

Or the Pendle witch on 24th April

Nope, can't do that one either, I'm on night shift!!:sad:

Top Bottom