Fish or bird?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
If you weren't a human, and I think most of us are, what would you rather be, a fish, or a bird? I'll allow, for this occasion, a dolphin/whale as a fish, and a bat as a bird. Basically, would you prefer to be able to swim brilliantly, or fly?

I can't decide. After all, a dolphin, or a shark or whatever, is basically doing in the water what a bird does in the air. I think I'm erring towards bird, but perhaps a top predator type, rather than something that can be eaten by a cat...

walker

What does a sealion come under? I'd be one of them 1 male to every pack or around 9 females, having to impregnate them all. Get in

walker

Arch said:
?

I can't decide. After all, a dolphin, or a shark or whatever, is basically doing in the water what a bird does in the air. I think I'm erring towards bird, but perhaps a top predator type, rather than something that can be eaten by a cat...

Sharks can fly? :tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
If you weren't a human, and I think most of us are, what would you rather be, a fish, or a bird? I'll allow, for this occasion, a dolphin/whale as a fish, and a bat as a bird. Basically, would you prefer to be able to swim brilliantly, or fly?

I'd love to be able to fly. I've had a quick go in a paraglider, and it was absolutely unbelievable. But I'd have to be a big, kick-ass bird, rather than one that was prey to every moggy.

NickM

Veteran
Birds have the pleasure of crapping on the mere surface-dwellers below - that swings it for me.

I think I'd have to be an albatross. Raw fish I can handle (mmm, sashimi...), but some of the stuff other birds eat - ugh!

Bounding effortlessly across the outback as a kangeroo appeals to me.

Being an Aquarian I love water (although apparently it's an 'air' sign!), but I'd like to be a high-flying albatross; solitude and long journeys - a bit like my preference for the kind of cycling I enjoy most.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
walker said:
Sharks can fly? :biggrin:

They 'fly' underwater, well, glide, you know what I mean.... Sealions, I'm not sure about. After all, they can get about on land, although they are very cool in the water. I was thinking, if you couldn't be a land mammal, would you rather have mastery of the water or the air? If it helps, ok, you can be a sealion, but frankly, if you want a harem, there's bound to be other fish or birds that also do...

Dayvo, please restrict your self to the genera mentioned, I cant keep track of kangaroos as well!:tongue:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
Sorry! :blush:
I thought you wanted to know our prefered means of transportation or chosen environment. ;)

Did you see Life in COld Blood last night? Loadsa crocodiles waiting for a high tide to wash spawning fish over a barrage, wathced by some very vervous looking wallabies..

Well, ok, perhaps I can open it up now, to include other sorts of animals. I just found myself thinking last night, that I couldn't decide between water and air...

Top Bottom