1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fish or bird?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

If you weren't a human, and I think most of us are, what would you rather be, a fish, or a bird? I'll allow, for this occasion, a dolphin/whale as a fish, and a bat as a bird. Basically, would you prefer to be able to swim brilliantly, or fly?

I can't decide. After all, a dolphin, or a shark or whatever, is basically doing in the water what a bird does in the air. I think I'm erring towards bird, but perhaps a top predator type, rather than something that can be eaten by a cat...

2. walker

walker New Member

What does a sealion come under? I'd be one of them 1 male to every pack or around 9 females, having to impregnate them all. Get in

3. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Fish.

Great White Shark.

Easy.

4. walker

walker New Member

Sharks can fly? :tongue:

5. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I quite fancy being an Osprey. Just for a bit though. An Osprey that can ride a bike.

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

Peregrine falcon for the flying, but for the really fast flying!

7. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine

I'd love to be able to fly. I've had a quick go in a paraglider, and it was absolutely unbelievable. But I'd have to be a big, kick-ass bird, rather than one that was prey to every moggy.

8. NickM

NickM Über Member

Birds have the pleasure of crapping on the mere surface-dwellers below - that swings it for me.

I think I'd have to be an albatross. Raw fish I can handle (mmm, sashimi...), but some of the stuff other birds eat - ugh!

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Bounding effortlessly across the outback as a kangeroo appeals to me.

Being an Aquarian I love water (although apparently it's an 'air' sign!), but I'd like to be a high-flying albatross; solitude and long journeys - a bit like my preference for the kind of cycling I enjoy most.

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

an owl, they get long lie ins. :tongue:

11. Arch

They 'fly' underwater, well, glide, you know what I mean.... Sealions, I'm not sure about. After all, they can get about on land, although they are very cool in the water. I was thinking, if you couldn't be a land mammal, would you rather have mastery of the water or the air? If it helps, ok, you can be a sealion, but frankly, if you want a harem, there's bound to be other fish or birds that also do...

Dayvo, please restrict your self to the genera mentioned, I cant keep track of kangaroos as well!:tongue:

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Sorry! :smile:
    I thought you wanted to know our prefered means of transportation or chosen environment. :biggrin:

13. Arch

Did you see Life in COld Blood last night? Loadsa crocodiles waiting for a high tide to wash spawning fish over a barrage, wathced by some very vervous looking wallabies..

Well, ok, perhaps I can open it up now, to include other sorts of animals. I just found myself thinking last night, that I couldn't decide between water and air...

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

A flying fish would be a possible compromise for those who simply can't decide....

15. Pandaboy

Pandaboy New Member

A penguin.

Looks like a bird, swims like a fish ;)