Fish or bird?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

If you weren't a human, and I think most of us are, what would you rather be, a fish, or a bird? I'll allow, for this occasion, a dolphin/whale as a fish, and a bat as a bird. Basically, would you prefer to be able to swim brilliantly, or fly?

I can't decide. After all, a dolphin, or a shark or whatever, is basically doing in the water what a bird does in the air. I think I'm erring towards bird, but perhaps a top predator type, rather than something that can be eaten by a cat...

2. walker

walker New Member

What does a sealion come under? I'd be one of them 1 male to every pack or around 9 females, having to impregnate them all. Get in

3. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Fish.

Great White Shark.

Easy.

4. walker

walker New Member

Sharks can fly? :tongue:

5. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I quite fancy being an Osprey. Just for a bit though. An Osprey that can ride a bike.

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

Peregrine falcon for the flying, but for the really fast flying!

7. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Exterminate Christmas! Moderator

I'd love to be able to fly. I've had a quick go in a paraglider, and it was absolutely unbelievable. But I'd have to be a big, kick-ass bird, rather than one that was prey to every moggy.

8. NickM

NickM Veteran

Birds have the pleasure of crapping on the mere surface-dwellers below - that swings it for me.

I think I'd have to be an albatross. Raw fish I can handle (mmm, sashimi...), but some of the stuff other birds eat - ugh!

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Bounding effortlessly across the outback as a kangeroo appeals to me.

Being an Aquarian I love water (although apparently it's an 'air' sign!), but I'd like to be a high-flying albatross; solitude and long journeys - a bit like my preference for the kind of cycling I enjoy most.

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

an owl, they get long lie ins. :tongue:

11. OP
    OP
    Arch

They 'fly' underwater, well, glide, you know what I mean.... Sealions, I'm not sure about. After all, they can get about on land, although they are very cool in the water. I was thinking, if you couldn't be a land mammal, would you rather have mastery of the water or the air? If it helps, ok, you can be a sealion, but frankly, if you want a harem, there's bound to be other fish or birds that also do...

Dayvo, please restrict your self to the genera mentioned, I cant keep track of kangaroos as well!:tongue:

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Sorry! :smile:
    I thought you wanted to know our prefered means of transportation or chosen environment. :biggrin:

13. OP
    OP
    Arch

Did you see Life in COld Blood last night? Loadsa crocodiles waiting for a high tide to wash spawning fish over a barrage, wathced by some very vervous looking wallabies..

Well, ok, perhaps I can open it up now, to include other sorts of animals. I just found myself thinking last night, that I couldn't decide between water and air...

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

A flying fish would be a possible compromise for those who simply can't decide....

15. Pandaboy

Pandaboy New Member

A penguin.

Looks like a bird, swims like a fish ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice