Fitter not Fatter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hollyhillian

Hi Guys.
I've taken the plunge at 40 years of age and decided that cycling is going to be my choice of fun,excercise and keeping fit rather than keeping fat.

About 6 months ago I bought a Kona Dew Deluxe hybrid from my local bike shop on our company cycle scheme and have managed 800 odd miles since, mainly the 5 miles to work and then back home again with the odd 10-30 miler at the weekend or evening.

Just want to say "Hi" as I seem to be getting more interested as the weeks go by (I've even signed up for a 55 mile charity ride) and am eyeing up a full road bike and reckon I might be asking a few questions.

Thanks
Ian

nigelnorris

Almost exactly where I am, except I started about 2 years ago and am only now about to get my new Trek roadie.

Haven't lost an ounce in two years though. Need to put more miles in I've decided, ten miles a day commute doesn't cut it.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Welcome to CC Ian:biggrin:

There are many folk in a similar situation to your own here. Hope you have fun here and keep us updated with your progress :evil:

Regards,
SD

ajb

Hiya.
keep at it, the weight will disappear but more importantly you will get fitter, and feel a lot better for it.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I only started a couple of months back, feel way better in myself and have lost about 10 lb without dieting. I cant stand gyms and tried swimming but got ear infections all the time, cycling is doing it for me and its fun. Good Luck

jayce

Hi keep at it i stopped weight training a few months back as i was too big for cycling,so i quit the weights and full on the roadie i was 105kg a few months back now im 92kg still looking to lose 4kg but i feel more alive than ever ,i do around 30-40 miles daily weather permitting so onwards and upwards

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
HI Ian,
Another Ian here... I also took up cycling again at aged 40 (after an 18 year break), in 3 years I have gone from cycling 3 mile round trip to the station to now between 30-40 mile round commute everyday in all weathers, with the result of losing 3 stone in weight and felling fitter then I can ever remember.
Also have a Kona Dew for my winter commute bike.

On another note, check out http://www.cyclogs.org this is where a good few Cycle Chat Chatters log their mileage, be good to have you on board.

Flyingfox

Downward said:
Hi
Same name same bike - Do you have the 2008 gold model ?

Hi Hollyhillian where are you based, or is the clue in the name?

I don't have the same name but I do have the 2008 gold model

Top Bottom