Fitting a rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I got a Topeak Super Tourist DX rack to fit on my Pearson Touche.

The bolts supplied with the rack are M5 x 15mm but they don't fit in holes on my frame by the hub.

Anyone know what sort of bolts I might need?

And seeing as how this is for my SS, the frame is smaller than the pannier. so should I use spacers or should I squeeze the frame of the rack?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
They are maybe 1 or 2mm too small in diameter. They just don't grip the threads.

I tried the bolts that are keeping my mudguards in place, they do go into the holes on the frame and the thread seems fine, they are slightly bigger than the bolts supplied but they don't fit through the holes of the rack.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Found some M6 bolts, they fit nicely in the frame but don't go through the holes in the pannier. Will have to drill a little bit out.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Well I did it, drilled the holes in the bottom of the rack bigger, and bent the left stay at the top like a boomerang to get it to fit around the brake calliper.
6590428037_088e7fc426_b.jpg

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I like the color of your frame. Saddle looks a tad floppy however.
:eek: That's the very first saddle I have ever seen that appears to suffer from "erectile dysfunction":eek:
A few of us CC'ers use this saddle, and it's been commented on most times an image is posted of it. It is very comfortable.

Top Bottom