Fixed project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Wooooo my frame is back:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I've been waiting for it for agggeeess and my bro picked it up last night from his mate.
Here she is:biggrin:
Image127.jpg

Image128.jpg

Image129.jpg

Image130.jpg

Its looking nice. Got the rear wheel to get built, and the hub to pick up. Bottom bracket to put in(not sure which size though so got to take it to LBS for them to mess around with chain line) Lost one of the bolts from the headset:sad: Its in the house somewhere i think, but i've looked and cant find it. Got the bottom one and the washer/spacer thingy for it. Anyone got one spare by any chance?
Bar tap i have to choose, not sure which colour to go for. Rims are a shiny silver, water bottle holders are going to be shiny silver, brakes should hopefully be a shiny silver(you seeing the pattern;))
Very excited now:biggrin:

Looks great, but what is it underneath the new paint?

f

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Undercoat and then steel. Or however it was spreyed, not sure.
I had stripped all the old paint off and then was taken to be spreyed. I did get told what was going on it, but it goes in one ear out the other. Could find out if needed though.

Young Un

joe im gessing you have a job, and thats how you have the money to build this and have bought your scr4. i really want a job lol just so i can get some money in the bank, i cant wait to leave school and get out into the money earnin world

OP
OP
J

Joe24

feckless said:
Errr ... and who made the steel. Or rather, who assembled it into a frame?

f

Not a clue. It was already painted when i got it. All it had on it was Negre. I guess that was the persons business name who painted it. Its a 531 frame.
Young Un, no job. Just a paper round and lots of saving. The SCR4 i bought after saving and the frame was free, and all the stuff i showed you in that picture were either free or cheap. Painting was done by a mate so it was done for just the materials and a crate of cider.
Get a paper round, save up, do extra rounds and you can afford the stuff.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

I heard Bingo was better.:tongue:

Top Bottom