Flashing ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
It's one rule for us and one rule for them. Whoever they are.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I thought you were going to tell us that, after she passed you, an LED matrix lit up in the back window saying

MY NAME IS BRIDGET EVANS
PHONE 0181 1234 5678 TO FLIRT

or something like that.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Uncle Phil said:
I thought you were going to tell us that, after she passed you, an LED matrix lit up in the back window saying

MY NAME IS BRIDGET EVANS
PHONE 0181 1234 5678 TO FLIRT

or something like that.

Tried giving her a ring but its number unobtainable! Don't mess with my emotions man! That's uncool. Uncool.

Tynan

Veteran
no id in the world lets someone drive on the phone

although I dare say coppers think they're allowed to

Moose

She's showing you her 'license to use a mobile phone whislt driving'. It's her job and she doesn't want to lose it - not in this economic climate - she's like James Bond, not 007, but 0898.

J4CKO

The law applies to everyone, does it not ?

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Tynan said:
no id in the world lets someone drive on the phone

although I dare say coppers think they're allowed to

You are right in the respect of an ID will not let you drive whilst using the phone.
However there are defences to using the phone and driving. Mainly these will be of an serious emergency nature. like reporting a drunk driver you are following, the driving is so bad that they are likely to cause an accident. etc.
If anyone flashed thier id at me, for same reason I would have to stop and talk to them. If it turned out that they weren't police and had no reasonable excuse for being on the phone they would be reported for impersonating a police officer and using the phone whilst driving.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think I'd have been very tempted to call her bluff - put the bike down in front of her car, take a photo of her, her reg. no, and ask to see the ID. I bet the phone would have disappeared as soon as she saw a camera.

Top Bottom