FLAT 100 km ride from Garforth, Saturday 11th June 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am back at Garforth station, waiting for my train to Leeds. I have a long wait! I forgot that most of the trains on this line pass through without stopping. Only one train an hour DOES stop, and I missed the previous one by 5 minutes.

I could cycle into Leeds but I can't face the busy roads, and it would not get me home much quicker.

I will just chill out here and play a few games on my phone while I wait.

PS

A good ride, and the wind WAS hard work for half the route.

We did stop at the Roast Coffee Shop. It was a nice cafe and we got a table outside near our bikes. We will use it again in a small group but Cawood would be better for a large group.

Thanks for the company, @Buck and @Domus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had to wait at Leeds too! There was a train heading to Todmorden 3 minutes after I got in but I didn't fancy my chances of getting to it in time with a bike from 6 or 7 platforms away so I didn't even try. I finally got home at 18:15, so a long day.

I am pleasantly tired now. Not that horrid exhaustion one gets from over-exertion - the satisfied tiredness from making a decent effort over an extended period of time.

I had to wait at Leeds too! There was a train heading to Todmorden 3 minutes after I got in but I didn't fancy my chances of getting to it in time with a bike from 6 or 7 platforms away so I didn't even try. I finally got home at 18:15, so a long day.

I am pleasantly tired now. Not that horrid exhaustion one gets from over-exertion - the satisfied tiredness from making a decent effort over an extended period of time.

Sorry I missed it but SWMBO was taking her turn out doing stuff she enjoys. I'm out on an imperial tomorrow but I'm hoping to be only pleasantly tired instead of the indded awful horrid exhaustion but as the wind is due to drop it's 🤞 for the ride to pan out and not be againsterly all the way round, but ride is also 'pan flat' (at 1500') so that helps ^_^

Top Bottom