Flat bar gravel bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Staffordshire Mamil

Über Member
I’m looking for a flat bar ebike to use on the road and also on canal paths & country park gravel paths. I like the Ribble CGR ALe but it’s only available with drop bars
Thanks for any recommendations 👍

netman

Veteran
I have a BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Cross One - can recommend it very highly!

CXRAndy

Guru
Look at bikes with a crank motor, they have a lot more torque

The X35 emotion hub motor is light assist, so might not provide enough grunt on hilly terrain

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
One of the now dozens of hardtail MTBs with the Bosch motor would be a good starting point.

Fit shallow tread tyres and you would have a capable flat bar 'gravel' bike with as much grunt as you are legally allowed to have.

Boardman make a flat bar Fazua crank drive bike which would perform on gravel.

The Fazua is one of the light assist motors, so you ought to have a go on one first to make sure it has enough power for your purpose.

Slap some 'gravel' tyres on this if you must, but it would perform perfectly well on gravel out of the box.

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/elec...yb-8.9e-mens-hybrid-electric-bike-133934.html

Dave7

Legendary Member
I’m looking for a flat bar ebike to use on the road and also on canal paths & country park gravel paths. I like the Ribble CGR ALe but it’s only available with drop bars
Ribble will (I understand) build the bike to your requirements ie if you want that bike but with flat bars they will do it.
Main problem is.....3 month wait while they build it :sad:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-hybrid-al-e-standard/

Personally i would go with a hardtail MTB from the likes of cube, trek, scott with the bosch motor and 500wh or 650wh battery............thats what i did with mine

then i put carbon MTB forks on one with 2" slick tyres for the commuter and added decent fox forks to the other for gravel, canal towpaths etc etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom