Flies(and now incorporating fleas). Products to top them with and is it ethical to top them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sitting down the pub last night i was trying to ignore this fly that kept landing on my legs. I brushed it away a few times but it insisted on winding me up. After a while i couldn't stand it anymore so i rolled up a newspaper and waited for it to land again. Then the lad behind the bar said "Here try this,we've just bought it". It was a tennis racket shaped object with an electrical charge. The idea is that you can swat the fly with it in mid-air or wait till it lands then put the racket' over the fly and electrocute it. Being a animal lover and having a moral code that says i can't kill anything apart from in self defence or for food:angel: if i was somehow starving, i didn't fancy killing the annoying object. Then i snapped! The dirty git landed on my packet of crisps,so i went for it! I put the racket over it and pressed the button. It started to crackle and spark. I must say,i did quite enjoy the experience:hyper:. All that crackling and sparks going off was the highlight of my night! I'm thinking of buying one for my flat. A neighbour says he uses those roll down fly papers as they catch loads of the things. What do you use and do you feel bad if/when you kill the dirty gits?

This 'salt gun' appeared in my Social-Media feed

https://www.bugasalt.com/

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Wow Accy. I thought I was the only idiot that tries to catch flies and mosquitos in a glass to release them outside! I snapped the other night when a mozzie the size of a buzzard relieved me of about a pint of blood. I splatted it on my leg. It had got so much of my blood that Mrs Manatee thought I had cut myself!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I daren't click on A mazon after that Art-Deco cats episode.:unsure:

Notice how i put a gap between the A and 'mazon' as it stops the site suggestion appearing, which might make someone else might click on and order something without their knowledge.:thumbsup:

It will only cost you £50 to find out.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wow Accy. I thought I was the only idiot that tries to catch flies and mosquitos in a glass to release them outside!

I normally do,but there wasn't a glass available apart from mine which had half a pint in it. Besides,the fly had already landed on the rim of my glass spreading it's germs. I now put a paper tissue over the glass to keep flies off,while i go for a pee.:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We have one of the electrocuting rackets. Poundland sell them for err a pound. A little unwieldy in tight corners though.

Oh, and don't wonder "How bad can a charge be from two AA batteries?" Child 2 experimented and it was an unpleasant experience.
A pound,i thought they'd be about a tenner! I had to find out how powerful they are so i squeezed the electrical wire thingies while pressing the charge button. Damn,it made me jump! I thought it'd have a tiny amount,just enough to kill a fly,but it was like touching a cattle prod!!:eek: No wonder the fecker crackled and sparked like Frankenstein's monster coming to life!:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom