FlyCamOne2 - a sub-£50 helmet cam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

There's a camera out there designed for folks to attach to their RC planes, trains and automobiles that might work well as a low-end bike camera:

FlyCamOne2

(The link is to a US site, but it's available in several places in the UK for about £45)

I'm pretty concerned by the claimed 30 minutes of video on a 2Gb card, and have not managed to find out anything about the battery life yet, but it does have some useful-looking featues:

* 90-degree field of view
* 'endless video' mode where the camera will just keep on recording and overwrite old bits of video when the card runs out of space

The quality looks a bit rough from what I can see, but for £45 it's very tempting. I'm, sure it wouldn't be too tricky to work out a helmet or handlbar mount.

Also of note, it has a socket you can use for remote triggering, so you could probably hook up a handlebar-mounted on/off switch of shutter trigger if you were using it in photo mode.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Tempting, isn't it? Something like that might be nice for a rear view cam on the bike.

col

Legendary Member
Oh my god,now we will see vids of cars previously unseen,getting too close behind ;)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I'm pretty concerned by the claimed 30 minutes of video on a 2Gb card.

All the links I followed from there said 30 minutes on a 1gb card. One even said it takes 8Gb card. That would more than double the cost.

Good find Tim. Your right Mike, this would be great as a rear facing camera. 30 minutes would work for me as my commute is about 20 minutes each way.

In the manual it mentions that it stores 50Mb/min.l

I suppose the only problem I can see is that it probably isn't waterproof. I'd like something that could be used in the rain as well.

Still if I had a spare £45 it would be tempting...

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
dodgy said:
Christ! How come he's involved in so many accidents? Have you seen this one "Tailgating by and collision with N99 JHC"?

Dave.

The car was too close in the queue, but it looks to me as though he antagonised him after they had words. Can't quite make out everything that was said though.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It really bugs me how it's ingrained in our culture not to blame drivers for this sort of idiotic and dangerous driving. There's no excuse for rear ending someone like this, that driver is a fcukwit.

spindrift

Christ! How come he's involved in so many accidents? Have you seen this one "Tailgating by and collision with N99 JHC"?

That is ****ing appalling, there's no reason to do that at all, I wonder what happened?

.....so I've gone and made a deal with the wife. If I buy this camera then I also have to buy her trellis and chicken poo then I can buy my camera (she likes her gardening!:tongue:)
So it would appear that I have taken the plunge and bought this camera with the plan to place it on the back of the bike. I will let you know how I get on.

Just as well we were remortgaging this month (was lucky and got a good deal) and there is some spare 'free' cash left over from it! :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
The first one i clicked on was him slamming the anchors on,seemingly on purpose to get the taxi behind him off guard it looks,Well spotted by him eh:laugh:

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:

That is ****ing appalling, there's no reason to do that at all, I wonder what happened?

Absolutely crap driving by the 4x4,but he seemed to have picked the wrong one to mention it to?

Got the camera, just waiting for a memory card to arrive and I will give it a go next week. It is incredibly light!

Reading elsewhere, because it has a Lipo battery it won't work too well in the winter (doesn't like the cold), however, it does have connectors where you could cobble together an external battery. That would require thought and time on my part though....:wacko:

More soon...

Top Bottom