FNRttC FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride

vintagecyclists.jpg

once a year, we who bloom rather than perspire, bid adieu to those hardy souls, the Dunwich Dynamistes, and congregate at Hyde Park Corner for a little 'escapade' we call the Genteel Ride.

This is a ride conducted at a pace that one might describe as 'languid'. Hills are walked, and the summit celebrated with ciggys and the occasional After Eight. Brows will be dabbed with cologne, and tubes will be talced. We take our mid-ride refreshment at Gatwick Airport (you can thank your lucky stars it's not going to be a church porch), and breakfast 'au bord de la mer' at the Madeira Cafe, which will be serving Earl Grey tea. Return will be by train.

To register one must simply send one's calling card to 'fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk' . Do please join us for the jolliest of japes

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Kadu G
Danilo A
Adrian C
Emma W
Rachael W
Heleana Q
Bridget M
Andrij B
Grumpygreg
Aperitif
Angela-Marie G
Stuart A
Tony S
Mick D

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
'Oh I say, I would most like to partake' :biggrin:
Will there be cucumber sandwiches at Gatwick, preferably served on china? :smile:
I don't really do slow cycling. However, my muscles do it all the time!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Hmmmmm....

What is the official definition of "languid"?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Aperitif you Monster! Doing this then the Dynamo the following / same day is just taking the Michael isn't it? Genteel or not! :rofl:

SD

Tim Hall

Slow you say?

Hmm. Languishing in the AP's shed is a Raleigh(?) that must be 60 years old. And about 60cwt. Pater bought it for mumble pounds shillings and sixpence when he finished his national service.

I wonder.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
srw said:
Hmmmmm....

What is the official definition of "languid"?
moving average 10/11mph. Or whatever it takes. 58 miles. Seven hours on the road. Factor in some small delays and stops for brow-dabbing, and an hour at Gatwick. 8 am arrival at the Madeira.

Sittingduck said:
Aperitif you Monster! Doing this then the Dynamo the following / same day is just taking the Michael isn't it? Genteel or not! :ohmy:

SD

Well SiD, I have been thinking...and I still haven't digested the 'Fleche Whitstable' yet - or even regurgitated an opinion within these 'pages' but.
Dellzeqq's exotic description of this ride has made me wonder if I would prefer to do my genteel to Brighton and then do my genitals climbing back via Lurgeshall and that mother of all hills once again.

Whitstable was the most interesting ride scenery-wise (always interesting people-wise, wise people...)so far, and I'm thinking "do I really want to blast along playing weekend warriors on a rite of passage when I can 'military medium' it scenically (taking rich p's advice on moving inland this time and not following the coast etc...)

And then I think about bringing Jack the Dog in a basket on the front of a (poor man's Magenta Elops3) which would cut out the mouseketeer return, and I want to sport a handbag, namebadge and all the periphery...

The only 'technical' problem I have with the Dun Run is the return leg - it must pass adjacent to a vast A-Road and they have this knack of saying "Come to me...you are feeling sleepy...come..."

Dunno - not dun no...but there's no way I'm missing a trip to the Airport (Haven't been near one since this morning:biggrin:) for bizarre coffee and definitely wish to pass over some cash to Madeira, bore whoever is next to me about the size of the kitchen in the Royal Pavillion, maybe hook up with BOAB...

...I'll be doing something hopefully.:ohmy:

And I can't involve the train as that constitutes instant dismissal from the Mouseketeer Elite Force, patrolling Britain's roads 36 hours a day, ensuring all is well with the world...:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom