FNRttC to Brighton 13th May 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd forgotten that registration opened today.

Here's the skinny.

A new route down to Clapham South, and then Tooting Broadway, across Mitcham Common and on toward Coulsdon, where we take a turn up Portnalls Road to Chipstead. Down Reigate Hill, and then along Lonesome Lane, God's gift to cyclists, before we come to Horley. Halfway stop at Planet Sweet - which means baklava! and then by lanes and some B roads to Turners Hill, Ardingly and Lindfield. From there is's Slugwash Lane, and the Horror that is the Beacon, and then down to the Madeira for breakfast. 58 miles.

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I think that this will turn out to be a popular ride. I've not done a mailing yet, so time will tell. Thus far...

Ekene A
David H
Lucy B-P
Alberto C-S
Stuart A
Martin F
Noel C
Roger W
John Gr
Susie F
Martin T
John E

Adrian C
Martin F
Anthony McC
Rebecca T
Rich P
Teresa P
Chris B
Duncan P
Jenny M
Pippsy G
Greg C
User10571 B
Tom R
David W
Li D-N
Bruce R

martint235

Dog on a bike
Me please Simon.

2q2r19l.jpg

These lads make a mean cup of coffee - best of the year last year. Remember to keep back any spare baklava - it's the world's first edible 'Park patch' :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Me and Mrs rich p please, Simon. I think you should have Terry's details but if not let me know.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
me please me please! even though I can't see the kitchen calendar from Nairobi

PippaG

Veteran
In an amazing feat of mind-reading, I sent my email to register to find I was already on the list
biggrin.gif

Now, is anyone planning to cycle back?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aw dagnabit! Ride registration finished at 16:18 on the dot, Rich. Terry will be ok - you're just too slow.
But you're welcome along for a beer afterwards. Will you come on your 'bysea' call, or just behave? ;)

No reasonable offer refused Ape! :laugh:

We really ought to go somewhere that sells Harveys Sussex bitter though if only for the last couple. What do you fink?

I would drink two fingers of Harveys, or Smiths come to that (which it wont). I'll buy you two halvies anytime. I still fancy the Fortune of War - although it would have changed a bit from 1974 or 75 - can't remember yesterday, let alone :ohmy: years ago. Where are we?

:smile:

16beb1y.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Ekene A
David H
Lucy B-P
Alberto C-S
Stuart A