FNRttC FNRttC to Brighton 8th May 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
GrumpyGreg said:
"Ah yes I remember it well" It's been a few years but isn't Streat Hill a semi surfaced lane all the way past the farm up and over the top....

My personal (inverse) fav in those parts is the two bridleways up onto Black Cap esp the one at Courthouse Farm. MTB or roughstuff tourer with triple only, huge side plate cassette preferred!

Streat Hill is the road bike option as it's only paved to the SDW at the top. I use the mtb for the others with, as you say, the frequent use of the large sprocket. The 'tank track' from the Half Moon is a good test with concrete merging into chalk, mud and flint. Definitely multi terrain!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
rich p said:
Streat Hill is the road bike option as it's only paved to the SDW at the top. I use the mtb for the others with, as you say, the frequent use of the large sprocket. The 'tank track' from the Half Moon is a good test with concrete merging into chalk, mud and flint. Definitely multi terrain!

I'll have to let you lead me round a few lanes sometime this summer, if you're game, once I've got me off road head back on properly. Been a v long time and I have become as timid as a kitten.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just started to do a few off road rides since it's got drier. The chalk is a bit lethal when wet for my similarly cautious timidity.

mike e

I have always kept my offroad interest's very hush, hush on here, but been from Northern parts we have lot's to go at up here. Having said that I have ridden the North and South Downs, Chilterns and Thetford if that still counts as down South.

Have ridden down the bridleway at the side of Ditchling which was a very nice descent, didn't attempt to ride up it!!

Top Bottom