Folding Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
No difference at all that I notice (I have folding Vittoria Rubino Pros on my bike). I think they're a bit more difficult to put on the first time, though, because they're trying to retain their folded shape rather than being tyre shaped.

peelywally

No difference at all that I notice (I have folding Vittoria Rubino Pros on my bike). I think they're a bit more difficult to put on the first time, though, because they're trying to retain their folded shape rather than being tyre shaped.

try leaving folding tyres in a warm room for a few hours/days whatever they soon revert back to wheel shaped ,

Rob500

I've just changed to a set of Michelin Krylion folders. I do hope that the difficulty endured was just due to their newness.

I've just changed to a set of Michelin Krylion folders. I do hope that the difficulty endured was just due to their newness.
Ive never had Mitchelin but every tyre I've had has been a Bycle User Grouper to fit the first time but remarkably east in the event of a p'ture; except the turbo tyre which has never p'tured and was a BUG'r to refit when I had to borrow the wheel for another bike.

Broadside

Guru
As lulubel says they are a tad trickier first time around to get them in to the right shape. I got a puncture on my Krylion folder front tyre this morning, all sorted at the roadside in about 10 mins, it was cold but not tricky.

Just replacing mine with Michelin Lithion 2 folders (23c instead of 25c Krylions so I can get my Crudracer guards on for winter). The Lithion 2's were tricky this evening, again because they need to get in to the right shape from the packaging, I hope they turn out to be easier when I need to do it at the roadside!

I like the Krylions lots of grips on wet roads, fingers crossed the Lithions are similar...

Rob500

The Lithion 2's were tricky this evening, again because they need to get in to the right shape from the packaging ...

I ended up putting the tyres on the rims without the inner tubes and leaving them for 40 minutes before inserting the tubes.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Always folding - much lighter, and seem more 'lively' somehow. Can be tight to put on, but seem to stretch over time.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What is the problem some people have changing tyres, have fitted a few over the years and find it easy enough, apart from when your hands are really cold and wet, then it takes a bit longer.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I pretty much exclusively use folders, with the exception of a pair of conti gatorskin that I bought a few years ago. Have no problems with them at all, and they're easier on the postman.

Top Bottom