For Sale: 2 Kona Shred 2.0 20" wheel kids bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought new at Xmas. How I come to be selling them is because Son No.1 has had a growth spurt and son No.2 uses his other non-mtn bike much more.

So, important bits.

These are the '07 models. Jump bikes as used at Laggan Wolftrax. They cost me £200 each at Xmas, RRP £309.
Twin disc brakes, suspension forks, 7 gears and Alex rims are part of the spec.

Condition: used infrequently, so are very good, nevertherless they've picked up some minor use marks and a little bit of surface rust on bolts and things but I mean really quite minor. One bike has had slightly more use but you can see from the pictures they're pretty good. Take a look at the picture of the rear freewheel to see how little use they've had.

Price: I'd like to sell both together if I can, so it's £160 per bike or £300 for the two.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Still trying to get rid of these, open to offers now, will post and I'm more centrally located so delivery is easier and if I can make a day/weekend of it, it might even be cheap - Probably e-bay them soon.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Off the top of my head I would say look at the sizing for the Beinn 20 and add an inch or two to the min and max inside leg. Also, wider bars and a slightly longer reach on the Kona. Youngest has got the 20, they're parked next to each other in the garage.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Sounds like it would be too big for mine then. Shame, I like Kona and that's a nice bike.

Maybe if you're still trying to flog them in a couple of years...

:biggrin: I hope not. I haven't actually got around to advertising them anywhere else yet but Xmas is coming.

Beinn 20 not appeal then? It's a very good bike, properly sized for kids. It's the reason the youngest never used the Kona. We did a few trails on his Beinn 20 and it wasn't quite up to it, hence the Kona. But we never did anymore after that so he always took the 20 out. We can't keep up with him on hills when he's on it.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

OK, last bump, then these are going on e-bay for more than I'm flogging them here. Xmas is coming folks.....

BMXrace7

Hi Do you still have these ?? or atleast 1 ?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

No, still got them. Doubt I'm going to get them sold for Xmas due to various things. Never agreed a price with BMXrace7. Open to offers, depending on post or pick-up.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

If most of your riding is going to be road and at the risk of doing myself out of a sale, I'd say my Konas are not perfect for that. Maybe if you changed the tyres they'd be better. Great for scratting and trails though. Pity you're not so near otherwise you could have a look and decide yourself.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Still got these, never got around to selling them but now they really have to go. One is still unused and one has been used a bit now, so has picked up the patina of use.

£100 for the virtually unused one
£70 for the used one.

I can post piccies now if required. I can post or meet you somewhere halfway or pick-up. Posting is least favourite as it requires me to get a box from somehwere and pack it all up nicely.

Top Bottom