1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale: 2 Kona Shred 2.0 20" wheel kids bikes

Discussion in 'For Sale and Auction' started by Crackle, 19 Apr 2008.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Bought new at Xmas. How I come to be selling them is because Son No.1 has had a growth spurt and son No.2 uses his other non-mtn bike much more.

So, important bits.

These are the '07 models. Jump bikes as used at Laggan Wolftrax. They cost me £200 each at Xmas, RRP £309.
    Twin disc brakes, suspension forks, 7 gears and Alex rims are part of the spec.

Condition: used infrequently, so are very good, nevertherless they've picked up some minor use marks and a little bit of surface rust on bolts and things but I mean really quite minor. One bike has had slightly more use but you can see from the pictures they're pretty good. Take a look at the picture of the rear freewheel to see how little use they've had.

Price: I'd like to sell both together if I can, so it's £160 per bike or £300 for the two.

2. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Still trying to get rid of these, open to offers now, will post and I'm more centrally located so delivery is easier and if I can make a day/weekend of it, it might even be cheap - Probably e-bay them soon.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Where are you now then?

4. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

The NW of Ingland, as someone else says :smile:

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Have you still got these for sale?

6. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

This is the difficult question-

What size of boy would fit one? Mine is 6 and coming to the top of his fit on his Cnoc 16.

Any idea of a realistic inside leg for fit?

Thanks

8. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Off the top of my head I would say look at the sizing for the Beinn 20 and add an inch or two to the min and max inside leg. Also, wider bars and a slightly longer reach on the Kona. Youngest has got the 20, they're parked next to each other in the garage.

9. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Sounds like it would be too big for mine then. Shame, I like Kona and that's a nice bike.

Maybe if you're still trying to flog them in a couple of years...

10. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

:biggrin: I hope not. I haven't actually got around to advertising them anywhere else yet but Xmas is coming.

Beinn 20 not appeal then? It's a very good bike, properly sized for kids. It's the reason the youngest never used the Kona. We did a few trails on his Beinn 20 and it wasn't quite up to it, hence the Kona. But we never did anymore after that so he always took the 20 out. We can't keep up with him on hills when he's on it.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Isla will indeed be getting a visit from us in a few weeks. TBH I think the Benn is more matched to his riding anyway -to school, his grandparents', into town etc. He's not that interested in goign offroad yet.

But I struggle to ignore bargains, even if they're not entirely suitable at the time.

12. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Ahh yes! It was the initial bargain price that sold two of them instead of one to me.

13. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

OK, last bump, then these are going on e-bay for more than I'm flogging them here. Xmas is coming folks.....

14. BMXrace7

BMXrace7 New Member

Hi Do you still have these ?? or atleast 1 ?

15. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Yes, still have them, not quite Xmas e-bay time yet.