Sold - 2015 Giant Defy Advance 2 - medium - done less than 200 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG 2015 Giant Defy Advance 2 size medium

A bargain at £700 or nearest offer

Done less than 200 miles. I'm too heavy for the bike and despite promising myself that I'd lose weight I haven't so I'm still riding my 5 year old Roubaix. Anyone under 19 st won't have this problem.

The bike has been stored in my shed so in in a nearly new condition. The white bar tape is dirty but that can be changed for £10. Upgraded rear mech to long cage at purchase to fit a 32t rear cassette. Otherwise it is stock spec as below.

Also fitted is a Charge Spoon saddle

This is a bargain for someone. Bike to be collected from Merthyr Tydfil or to personally deliver within 40 miles of Merthyr.

A review of the bike can be found here - https://bikemastersracingteam.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/giant-defy-advanced-2-review/

Product description
If you’re looking for a solid endurance road bike with racing capabilities then the superb Giant Defy Advanced 2 is perfect. For 2015 Giant have completely overhauled their Defy models, keeping only the geometry - the reason why so many love this machine.
Frame & Fork
The Advanced 2, like all Defy carbon models is disc brake specific for 2015. Giant made the wholesale switch because of the improved stopping power, consistency and reliability of these braking systems over rim brakes. The Advanced 2 was built from the ground up specifically for disc brakes, meaning Giant were able to reduce frame weight - usually weight is added with the addition of these systems.
Compliance is very important on any endurance bike. Tapered seat stays join the seat post at a lower angle to help diffuse road buzz over a longer distance. This is helped along by the new D-Fuse seat post which has been tuned to offer just the right amount of deflection for smoothing out road impacts. Up-front stiffness is improved with a tapered steerer which also increases steering precision.
The relaxed endurance geometry which has made the Defy so popular remains with a slightly upright position - ideal for long days in the saddle. Lateral stiffness is excellent and power transfer immediate.
Components
Shimano’s excellent 105 drivetrain gives you crisp and reliable performance. Mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors give you all the stopping power you need on the roads, and they won’t be compromised because of weather conditions.
Simply one of the best endurance road bikes for 2015.

The Giant Defy Advanced 2 2015 Features are:

Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite

Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, Hybrid OverDrive Steerer

Bars: Giant Contact

Stem: Giant Connect, ±8 degree rise

Speed: 22

Front Mech: Shimano 105

Rear Mech: Shimano 105

Shifters Shimano 105

Chainset: Shimano RS500, 34/50

Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit

Cassette: Shimano 105 11-32

Chain: KMC X11L

Front Brake: TRP Spyre mechanical disc Alloy arm 160mm

Rear Brake: TRP Spyre mechanical disc Alloy arm 160mm

Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc

Front Hub: Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing

Rear Hub: Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing

Spokes: Sapim Race

Tyres: Giant P-R3, Flat Guard 700x25mm Front Giant P-R3, Flat Guard 700x25mm Rear

Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse Composite

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
This I am tempted by as it has disc brakes.
Might look at selling a couple of bikes to raise some funds

Just seen you are a long way away, so good luck with the sale

Last edited:
OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Broady

I'd be happy to meet you somewhere half way if thar would help. We could meet somewhere areound the NEC.

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
Saves my decision on which bikes to sell.
1 was a definite
I had decided I only needed one fixie now and the next one to go was a real headache so you've probably done me a favour

Top Bottom