For Sale - Alex Moulton AM7 x 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imppact

Both machines have had their front suspension bush updated to the newer ceramic type. This work was done by Peddlers in Worcester, my closest Moulton Dealer. The 1985 machine was done about a month ago, the 1988 machine just over two years ago. The 1985 frame is powder coated & appears matt grey; the 1988 frame is a metallic grey enamel. Over the years, the enamel finish has chipped & scratched in a few places. Neither machine is pristine but they are both very presentable!

The main difference is in the handlebars. The 1985 has drops & the 1988 has aero bars fitted. Both bikes will come complete with an enamel finish AM rear rack. Both have been regularly serviced by me. Because illness prevented me riding, both were dry-stored for some seven or eight years. The 1985 machine belonged to my father; I purchased the 1988 bike brand new from a relative of the original owner who sadly died before riding it. I very much doubt that either bike has done more than 5,000 miles in total. Both are mechanically sound with no frames dents. The 1988 machine does have a little surface rust but nothing serious. Personally I think powder coat is the more durable finish, but both bikes look very good. There are subtle differences in ride quality, but it’s not something I can put into words. Possibly you’d have to ride both bikes to understand. If after reading this you are still interested, I will consider sensible offers on either or both machines...

Please be aware the Brooks B17 leather saddles stay with me. They are not for sale and neither are the bicycle computers or bottle cages. These items are already removed and fitted on other bikes. I will certainly consider offers on the Alex Moulton rear bag if that is what interests you. Just to clarify, both AM7s can be supplied with saddles just not the Brooks saddles seen below.

4620_1stam7_1.jpg
4620_2ndam7_1.jpg

If required I still have the original GB stem and drop handlebars for the 2nd machine, but unfortunately the rubber brake hoods are perished. Please contact me if you require more images. If there is no interest on this forum, both machines will be advertised on eBay UK this coming Sunday...

Forgot to mention that I will sell these bikes singly or as a pair

BTW - I live in Shropshire and really would prefer not to post
For a quick sale each machine is priced at 750GBP ONO + shipping if required
Finally, the above pictures were taken on a sunny day some 3/4 weeks ago

Many thanks for looking

OP
OP
imppact

imppact

If there is no interest here, both bikes will be listed on eBay UK this evening (Sunday 21/09/2008) I've seen these early AM series machines sell there for really silly money, as much as 1200GBP!! I sincerely believe mine are realistically priced, but I will consider sensible offers...just be quick!

OP
OP
imppact

imppact

I thought that sounded expensive, until I googled the price of a new one. Sheesh!
Moulton AM7 fitted with aero bars has sold so I guess the price is just about right...My other bike is now listed on eBay UK. If you are still interested, please see eBay item # 270278516255

OP
OP
imppact

imppact

imppact said:
Moulton AM7 fitted with aero bars has sold so I guess the price is just about right...My other bike is now listed on eBay UK. If you are still interested, please see eBay item # 270278516255
My other AM7 is now sold...

Top Bottom