Now sold. Bontrager Race X Lite front wheel and Mavic? Aksium? rear wheel. £40 for both

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now sold

Bontrager Race X Lite front wheel and Mavic? Aksium? rear wheel. I’ve been given these wheels as a debt settlement but don’t need another set of wheels so offering them for sale.

The Bontrager front wheel appears to have had very little use with excellent condition braking surfaces and silky smooth bearings. The white paint has come off the spokes in some areas. No rim tape fitted. No skewer. The wheel runs nice and true. 650g on my scales.

I think the rear wheel is a Mavic Aksium with what appears to be a new, unused rim. Bearings are smooth. Rim tape is fitted. There is no skewer. The wheel runs nice and true. 960g on my scales.

I have not fitted tyres or ridden these wheels so cannot guarantee that they will perform perfectly.

Collection only, North Staffs.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Veteran
Price reduced.

OP
OP

Veteran
Thanks AndyRM,
Long story short.
I didn't want the wheels but bought an old Rourke frame locally off Gumtree.
Quick check over and assured by the seller that it was good as he'd built it up himself but found it too small. I started to build it up only to find the inside of the seat tube very roughly "repaired" with silver solder and impossible to get a seatpost in by more than about 70mm. The seller then insisted that it was "sold as seen" and didn't have the money to refund me. Took the frame back to seller only 2 days after I'd bought it and finally agreed on a partial refund and these wheels.
Selling them for £40 (hopefully) still doesn't cover what they "owe" me.
We like to think that us cyclists are an honourable bunch but this seller was having none of it - a lesson to be cautious when buying.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks AndyRM,
Long story short.
I didn't want the wheels but bought an old Rourke frame locally off Gumtree.
Quick check over and assured by the seller that it was good as he'd built it up himself but found it too small. I started to build it up only to find the inside of the seat tube very roughly "repaired" with silver solder and impossible to get a seatpost in by more than about 70mm. The seller then insisted that it was "sold as seen" and didn't have the money to refund me. Took the frame back to seller only 2 days after I'd bought it and finally agreed on a partial refund and these wheels.
Selling them for £40 (hopefully) still doesn't cover what they "owe" me.
We like to think that us cyclists are an honourable bunch but this seller was having none of it - a lesson to be cautious when buying.

It's a shame when you get messed around like that, very frustrating.

Top Bottom