*SOLD* - My custom Di2 Brompton - £1,200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Hi all,

My custom Brompton is sadly for sale. The build thread is over in the projects section here. A brief summary of the spec is as follows:

2005 Brompton frame, customised heavily with v-brake bosses added to improve braking over standard Brommies and the rear triangle cold set to accept a wider hub. The frame was finished with a full rattle can respray in a rather subtle(!) camo scheme. The wheels are both new with new Schwalbe Marathon tyres. I built new black rims on to new hubs - A Shimano Alfine 11 Di2 internal gear rear hub and a Shimano Nexus dynamo front hub. The Di2 hub is connected to a DN110 internal battery located in the main frame tube, plus an MT-800 display and Alfine shifter on the bars. The seatpost is an extra long Titanium jobby. The saddle is a Brooks Cambium C17, and the grips are matching Brooks Cambium. Dynamo front and rear lights - Busch & Muller IQ-XS front and Mu rear.

It's a really silly bike that I'll likely miss more than I currently realise but it just isn't being used. I'd much rather it went to someone that was going to get out on it and enjoy it :smile:

Bad points - I've scuffed the paint in a few places :shy: Also one of the pedal axles appears to be bent, despite them being brand new. Frustrating but a cheap fix and reflected in the price.

I'd prefer if it were collected, I'm near Ipswich in Suffolk but can potentially meet halfway if it helps.

Price is £1,200, advertised elsewhere.

Some photos:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That’s a stunner John. Love the funky paintwork! Now why couldn’t Brompton have come up with something like that.

Top Bottom