Ford Streetka and all smallish soft tops. Now considering Chevrolet or Suzuki,instead of Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Best snow monster I ever played with was my Brothers old Frontera 2.4 petrol LWB, lifted with 33" muds. Forget all smug adenoidal talk of snow or winter tyres on normal cars, that thing would've beaten them up and stolen their lunch money.

The downside is that for the other 364.5 days of the year it was a thirsty PITA to drive, so you have to be dedicated to the cause of snow mobility to drive one.

KneesUp

Guru
I don't think anyone claims that winter tyres on a normal car turn it into a vehicle fit for polar expeditions.

They do make normal cars much safer when it gets a bit cold and driveable with care when cars without cannot move. I am a convert.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Just eat more dog food - the protein (& shiny coat) / energy you will be getting, you'll only need your bicycle & possibly a trailer

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think anyone claims that winter tyres on a normal car turn it into a vehicle fit for polar expeditions.

They do make normal cars much safer when it gets a bit cold and driveable with care when cars without cannot move. I am a convert.

Nah, full on polar expedition mode for me. I don't do subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom