Formatting Oddity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I typed into the editting box the following:

2zix2c5.jpg

Then submitted it and the formatting changed so the paragraph disappeared:

24m6h5d.jpg

(Then I back arrowed on the browser to check that I really had put in a line and got the first image).

I haven't edited the paragraph back in so that it remains as it was.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I also put paragraphs in the above message but they were absolutely fine... and remained as they were.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's been driving me mad! 

I have had to edit some posts maybe 6 or 7 times before I get the formatting correct because since the forum software change the post editor for me has often been WYSINWYG!

Shaun

Founder
I've had a look at the HTML of the post in the database and there's no line break code. Also, the whole post is set in size 3 font, with a font break at the point the line break should be.

Not your fault, I might add!!! :biggrin:

The editor is going to be changed in a future upgrade because it's doing this for LOTS of people on the various IPS based forums. In the meantime, you could use the non-WYSINWYG editor:

Username drop-down > My Settings > Posting Settings > Enable visual (RTE) editor? .... Untick this box.

I will visually change how you post, but may improve the "posted" result. You'll need to use the buttons to format things and you won't see the effect until you post, but give it a little go and let me know how it works out.

If you're still seeing these types of posting anomalies whilst using the non-real-time editor then there may be something more fundamentally wrong that I need to investigate.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I wasn't deeply upset by it
smile.gif
but just wondered if you knew it was going on, and I could of gone back in and put in the paragraphs myself - but thought I would leave the post as it was in case there was any information you could get from it in its original state. And I noticed the change in formatting later - again I didn't do that myself - at least not knowingly.

Like I said I hadn't noticed it before but it sounds as if Colin has suffered multiple times.

Top Bottom