Forum/Cycling Acronyms and Abbreviations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
TMN. An award given to someone who has posted something but has been ignored, only to find that shortly afterwards someone else posts the very same thing and gets the credit.
The ominous silence can only mean that someone, somewhere, is working on a devastating, once-and-for-all putdown of an acronym for TBM.............

howard2107

DILLIGAF

RichardB

Slightly retro
And N+1 means the number of bikes you own plus one meaning you should always have one more bike than you already own. Yes, it's confusing.

I have seen this on a motorcycle forum like this, and it is 100% applicable to bicycles:

"What is the ideal number of motorcycles to own?"
"n+1, where n is the number you currently own. This can be alternatively expressed as s-1, where s is the number that will result in separation from your partner."

RichardB

Slightly retro
OK, I'm stumped. 'SCR'? It's obviously not Senior Common Room, and I am guessing from the context it is something like S*** Commuter Race/Racing, but a look at Google doesn't give any results apart from this forum (and The Giant SCR). Anyone?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK, I'm stumped. 'SCR'? It's obviously not Senior Common Room, and I am guessing from the context it is something like S*** Commuter Race/Racing, but a look at Google doesn't give any results apart from this forum (and The Giant SCR). Anyone?

Silly Commuter Racing

Local Bike Shop, took days to figure out what it meant...:blush:
Yep, me too, couldn't figure out why I'd want to take my bike to the London Business School.

Oh and TLA obviously (Three Letter Acronym)

winjim

Smash the cistern
TMN. An award given to someone who has posted something but has been ignored, only to find that shortly afterwards someone else posts the very same thing and gets the credit.

Top Bottom