Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The trick with swimming is to get sufficiently good enough at it to be able to do it on auto-pilot. Once it is beyond boring you can think about something else.
I actually like the fact that to keep count of lengths I can't let my brain wander too far off to other concerns... it's slightly meditative, the slow counting. And all the while I can just enjoy the physical sensation of being suspended in water.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I always lose count after about 6 or 8 lengths. I used to swim fairly regularly while my son was having his swimming lessons and found that I could do between 30-34 lengths in the 30 minutes available (certainly not a speed swimmer :laugh:) but I eventually stopped as I just couldn't find the motivation to get in the water and face the monotony of it any longer!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I always lose count after about 6 or 8 lengths. I used to swim fairly regularly while my son was having his swimming lessons and found that I could do between 30-34 lengths in the 30 minutes available (certainly not a speed swimmer :laugh:) but I eventually stopped as I just couldn't find the motivation to get in the water and face the monotony of it any longer!
I pay for three months in advance, and if I go swimming more than twice a week it saves money on paying per swim, so my tightwadness makes me go as often as I can to get the best value - normally four times a week for 32 lengths, and each swim costs about £1. I know I can get from work, have a swim and shower and get back to work in 50 minutes, so it's a nice break in the middle of the day for me, not a chore.

Top Bottom