Fountain pen usage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Yes, I am.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I'm afraid I'm a biro man myself - very convenient, but my writing is awful! A fountain pen would make for much neater writing, I'm sure. Trouble is, I haven't the patience to take my time while writing - I'm more of a frantic scribbler than a neat writer!

Norm

I always use ink, where possible, I have 3 pens for red, blue and black. ;)

My black pen is about 20 years old and the nib is now beautifully matched to my writing style. The blue is only a couple of years old, though, and hasn't got to that level of smoothness. The red pen is a cheap Parker which is also, strangely, lovely to write with, even though it only cost about a fiver.

As for blotting paper, you certainly can still get it. :sad:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I still have my cartridge pen I used when I was at school. It is nearly 36 year since I left, but the pen still works, and you can still buy the ink cartridges.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I'm with the OP. During my junior and senior school years, italic fountain pens were the only pens allowed.

I still use my Sheaffer and Parker at work and as far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who still uses ink.

tyred

Legendary Member
I love my writing if I use a fountain pen but find them time consuming and have a tendency to leak ink in my experience. The ball point pen was one of the best things ever invented imo.

But you can't beat a slate and a piece of chalk...

postman

Legendary Member
Love the Fountain pen .

My Dad had a wonderful hand .But he practised .It's a lost art now .
My handwriting is terrible .

But my vote goes for the Fountain pen .

colinr

I like to use a Rotring Artpen with a sketching nib, a good balance between fountain pen and regular pen. But mostly I use a biro at work because scribbly notes make for smudging ink.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I use ink too. I can use biros for short stints and can write neatly with them, but I find biros very painful on the fingers when used for long periods of time or very rapid writing.

Top Bottom