FPN for carrying child on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Child's helmet is on backwards, btw.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I can only assume that the seat was deemed unsafe or fell short of regulations, if it lacked retention or footholds it would have been pretty precarious for a child that young. I had the same sort of seat on a bike, bolted to top tube but it also had bolt on foot stirrups and you could attach a cross brace of belts, like a double seatbelt. I also had a bolt on one behind the saddle and used to ride with the older child on the crossbar and a younger one in the full seat behind the saddle.

OP
OP
U

User169

Article's been amended now to add the relevant legal provisions which makes things a bit clearer.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
But it does say that the bike would have to be adapted and strictly speaking it was. It doesn't specify any standards to which it has to be adapted?

lukesdad

Like this ;

2w558oj.jpg

But it does say that the bike would have to be adapted and strictly speaking it was. It doesn't specify any standards to which it has to be adapted?

Much as I think the child needed to be 'saved' and the father spoken to regarding his unsafe seating arrangement, I agree. It does sounds as though making any old gaffer taped seating arrangement would count as 'adapted' in that wording so I wonder what law was being applied exactly.

subaqua

What’s the point
Much as I think the child needed to be 'saved' and the father spoken to regarding his unsafe seating arrangement, I agree. It does sounds as though making any old gaffer taped seating arrangement would count as 'adapted' in that wording so I wonder what law was being applied exactly.

http://www.etra-eu.com/newsitem.asp?menu=3&submenu=1&id=7658961

EN 14344 details standards for child seats. the one in the article obviously didn't meet any of these requirements.

Simple.

Top Bottom