Frame decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Is there some cool way of adding a self designed decal to a frame without it involving a pro re spray or stoopid money?

I thought about plain stickers but wont they just peel off in the rain?

Also if I just took a car paint spray tin and sprayed a steel frame would that work just to change the colour?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
There are places that laser-cut vinyl to do graphics for cars, bikes and the like. Been thinking of doing this on the carbon uberbike TBH.
Spraying a steel frame yourself won't look all that good. Get it powder coated if you're looking for a nice tough finish, or a full-on pro respray.

You can also get transfer paper for use in an inkjet printer then cover with clear laquer from any car accessory shop.

Sorry BTFB but you're not allowed to use products designed for motorists

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

standard-issue

Spraying can be fun, but only if its not your only bike, it will take days, as i'm assuming you don't have a spray booth, heaters etc.

best bet is to get it done quicky by someone who has the kit, thinking of going to these guys myself Triple-S. Mainly cos they're half a mile from my gf's and it's £35 for frame and forks!

As far as decals go, get in touch with some local printers,they'll do what you want or at least point you in the right direction, a few guys at uni got stuff done for their final projects and they were getting vinyl printed with hi-res jpeg/tiff files and it came out just like photo paper, they paid from £5-20 depending on colours etc that was for 2 a4 pages worth of stickers. They'll come cut to shape also.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I resprayed a bike a few years ago, used to take a long time.

Just done another with regular rattle car paint - very quick dry time between coats on the new stuff. Nice dry windless weekend (had to do it outside) , did the colour on the Saturday, clear laquer on the Sunday.
Will have to see how it lasts but it certainly looks OK.

Love the idea of the Ebay logo !

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Love the idea of the Ebay logo !

...thats just half of it.

How about an EBay cycle club. To join you have to have sourced every single part of your bike on ebay and assembled it yourself. Then you get to race it against other members. The top banana is the guy/gal who spends least and wins most. Loser get's to buy drinks at the club meet.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...thats just half of it.

How about an EBay cycle club. To join you have to have sourced every single part of your bike on ebay and assembled it yourself. Then you get to race it against other members. The top banana is the guy/gal who spends least and wins most. Loser get's to buy drinks at the club meet.

Where do I sign up?

Top Bottom