Free book - It's not about the bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Free book - It's not about the bike (ENDED)

Well, finally I've got my ar*e in gear to put this book back by Lance Armstrong into the forum community... ill Wife, then ill daughter, then this, then that... :rolleyes:

Anyways, the usual (Arch's wise method) principle applies - replies in here, names into a hat and randomly drawn winner gets the book to read (obviously after you've PMd your details).

When you receive it add your username and/or proper name (and perhaps your location?) into the inside cover so we can (well, people can when they get the book) see how far and wide the book has been...

Closing date for the draw will be Monday morning (assuming I remember to do it!).

Cheers.

Janeyb

I'd like to be in please? Sounds like a great idea.

Many thanks.

Danny

Legendary Member
Please put my name in the hat - if I win I'll give it to a friend who's recently been diagnosed with cancer.

If I don't I'll probably buy her a copy anyway as it is such an inspirational book.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
So, I think I'm correct in assuming that only 2 people are entering their names here (unsure about you, Doc) so it's 50 - 50... oooh, the tension....

The pressure here is immense though... do I skew the result such that the person with the friend recently diagnosed with cancer gets it (thus removing the book from the forum) or do I favour the new member to bring them into the circle/bosom of the forum....

I think I'll just literally write their names on a piece of paper and let the mystic forces of gravity / luck / quantum mechanics deal with it...

And the winner is.....

...JaneyB.

Commiserations to DannyG, I would recommend that you buy a copy anyway as this one is a bit ermmm.... the worse for wear. I thought about trying to rescue it with some spine glue to put all the pages back in securely, but thought the better of it as I'd probably make it worse! :eek:

It was an interesting read and he just about manages to keep (most of) his ego in check... :sad:

Janeyb

DannyG - I'm a very quick reader and will be happy to pass the book onto you when done. If it's still in one piece eh Phil!? I can see if I can patch it up a bit......:wacko:

Danny

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
My PM was offering my copy to DannyG. The offer's still there.
Have now gratefully accepted!!!

Top Bottom