Free school meals. Boris's poll tax moment ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Still digging their heels in over extending the free school meal vouchers..
Can't they see their problem here? Yes, they've increased Universal Credit, and cash to councils, they say, but the perception of not caring is fuel for the masses to protest on the streets.
It starts with plates....
Sky News link

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Could be. This government under Cummings Boris has been remarkably cack-handed, incompetent and tone deaf.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Could be. This government under Cummings Boris has been remarkably cack-handed, incompetent and tone deaf.
I don't think Johnson is tone deaf but he has a snake whispering in his ear and it's messing up his hearing. I'm also beginning to think that he has no option but to pray for Trump victory and if Biden gets it, Johnson will simply walk away and let someone else look after his babies. He's not enjoying it.

GetFatty

Alistair Campbell had many faults but at least he knew how to manage the news cycle effectively. Letting Cummings manage the story for this Govt coupled with the fact that there are few, if any, competent cabinet ministers means this Govt will just saunter from media relations disaster to disaster.

OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Boris would take a kicking, but he should hold his hands up and admit the gov has listened and realised the strength of public feeling and cough up the few £million necessary..
The opposition is having a field day at the moment, and will continue to do so.

byegad

Legendary Member
I see it as yet another reason why England is behind the other three nations in the UK.
The problem is England doesn't have a government, Scotland, Wales and mostly, but it's a bit on/off so does Northern Ireland. So their assemblies/governments have provided meals and we haven't, because the UK gibberment, and that's our only representation hasn't provided them for England.
BoJo and his 'chums' are not interested in England, only in keeping the UK together, which is why Scotland and Wales with separatist parties, and Norther Ireland with it's history and latent potential to get bloody, can do the decent thing and England can't, Too many of the English, like most foreigners, equate England with the UK.
Now we are seeing the North of England flexing muscles long ignored because 'it will always vote labour', (a good excuse used by both major parties) having a voice which may still be ignored, but at least is being heard. I worry for the future existence of the UK, we may be at the start of a long road to separatist decline.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You’ve had Tory MPs calling for a campaign to chase up absentee parents.
Conveniently forgetting that Johnson has a history of absentee parenting even going to court to hide the existence of children.

MichaelW2

Veteran
Conservative MPs know that you can exchange a luncheon voucher for personal services. Giving luncheon vouchers to the underclass will only encourage more debauchery.

Top Bottom