Freezing cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
-8 this morning when I set off to work, on the bike, of course.
I know for sure it was -8 because a lot of people mentioned it, while my phone said -5 :wacko:
Town was covered by freezing fog, the river Clyde iced up in patches: a colleague took a picture of a seagull walking on the river, I wasn't going to stop for anything, least my nose froze off :laugh:
Another colleague told me his rear cogs had frozen.
I have been keeping my bike inside at work (against the rules lol) but the lock for the bike shed is frozen solid anyway, can't be opened.
Surprise surprise, most shared paths and parks were gritted, there was an enormous tractor in my local, very small, park, spreading grit, wow!
A balmy +3 for my ride home, it must have snowed though because there was fresh snow on pavements.

classic33

Leg End Member
-6C here - SE Lakes.

Thin crusting of snow over ice on the local lanes but main roads gritted and clear. Turbo weather!

How cold where you are?
You ready for the -19°C, maximum, forecast for the next week?

D

Deleted member 1258

Yup this morning canned at least for a road club ride .

Local clubs have either cancelled their rides or rearanged them to start later for shorter rides.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Local clubs have either cancelled their rides or rearanged them to start later for shorter rides.
We are supposed to have a longer ride the 1st sunday of the month for the riders from the slower saturday group so they were looking at 65 miles which i was going to join as i havent rode much the last few months what with the wife and overtime at work so it would have been 75 + morning which isnt fun with reynuads to start with and the road conditions .

gbb

Legendary Member
-3 c here at the mo. Just looked at the heating thermostat, house is sitting at 14c. Turned the heating on for a while.
I can never figure it out, I LOVE the heat during summer, love hot baths but HATE being hot at night so its windows open, heating off, even in these temps.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Milzy

Guru
Respect to everyone riding in this weather. Every year I find it harder. Buying a smart trainer was a brilliant idea. Don’t think I’ll be riding outside until March.

Top Bottom