Fresh pussy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got a 'new' cat. Her previous owner acquired a complete set of kittens which terrorised the old girl so we adopted her. She has thanked us by pishing on the carpet and it fecking stinks the whole house out. To be fair she has stopped doing her business outside of her shitbox now but the whiff remains. Any ideas short of replacing the carpets?

You can get some odour remover spray from the vets, it's got weird life enzymes and bacteria in it that eat the smell somehow... about a fiver for a spray bottle, so not megacheap, but lasts a long time and it works! Even on ferret wee when said ferret was in heat, and that p1$$es all over a bit of cat wee!!! In fact, it was the only stuff that worked on the ferret stuff and stopped him reusing the same spot...

longers

Legendary Member
Keep washing it.

Then wash it again.

If it's gone through to the floorboards then Bicarb of soda should help.

There's a product called Feliway available which helps cats in "stressful" situations like being rehomed. It does work.

Abitrary

Cats pee on carpets shouldn't be all that bad.

It's probably a problem with ventilation in your living unit, mickle.

Noodley

I was hoping there would be pics to accompany the thread...so we could all go "awwww" and I could post a pic of our soon-to-be-new-arrival

Noodley

Crackle said:
Go on then.

Well, since you insist I shall bow to all the pressure :ohmy: Here she is, due to arrive the first weekend in November. She is a lilac point Oriental, pictured here at 7 weeks old:

IMG_1650.jpg

Her name is Ollie.

Abitrary

I didn't want to mention it earlier, but cat wee can often just exacerbate dirt (and human wee) already ingrained in ye carpet.

Abitrary

Noodley said:
Well, since you insist I shall bow to all the pressure :ohmy: Here she is, due to arrive the first weekend in November. She is a blue point Oriental, pictured here at 7 weeks old:

IMG_1650.jpg

Her name is Ollie.

OMG, she's beautiful. Is that a burmese?

Top Bottom