Friday night is spiritual music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 1670747, member: 1314"]Vernon...that's a lovely and great song. Gorgeous. Exactly what art should be about. Finding that beauty wherever. Lovely.[/quote]

Elbow are absolutely amazing live. Guy Garvey has the ability to shrink an arena and make the band's performance personal and spiritual. You must go to see them on their next tour and savour the work of a master craftsman.

And another from the Elbow catalogue, a song dedicated to pal of Garvey's who died earlier than he should

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Cannonball Adderley. Soul Of The Bible

I fell in love with Adderley about 10 year back after discovering him on the Blue Note label and seen this on a 2 x LP double album on vinyl, reissued from 1972. I seen a copy two year back so snatch it up as the original 1972 issue was going for £40 +

Its jazz with a gospel feel, soul and some African zulu thrown in and runs for a long time

http://www.discogs.com/Cannonball-Adderley-Soul-Of-The-Bible/release/2280777

pepecat

Elbow are absolutely amazing live. Guy Garvey has the ability to shrink an arena and make the band's performance personal and spiritual. You must go to see them on their next tour and savour the work of a master craftsman.

Too right!! I saw them at the NIA back in March...... AMAZING gig. So so good......

Top Bottom