FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In the 1970s when I was a callow youth working in an ironmongers in Abergavenny I often served Roddy Llewellyn's dad. Buying spares for his crane probably.

I hope everyone is doing OK as the Summer rolls in to view. I don't think i'll be cycling much for the next few weeks as I was taken out by a car at roundabout on Sunday 1 June. The thread is here.

I hope to make the Manchester - Morecambe FNRttC in August.

Keep safe everyone.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is a 35 mile ride.

Followed by another one. With tea, sandwiches and cake in between. Do not doubt the restorative power of a cuppa.
I wanted to highlight this for posterity. Its wisdom should be captured on the FNRttC blog.

I've ridden two 100km rides this year (total mileage for the year is now 260km). Now there was a time where I could ride 100km non-stop on little more than water and a banana. But not now.

When, halfway on a ride you don't feel well-prepared for, the legs feel empty, and the soul is lost, and the mind just seems to say "no more"...

Stop. Sit down. Have a sarnie, a piece of cake, and a cup, or two, of something hot. Top up your bottles, visit the loo, have a bit of a stretch, take some time, and then get back on your bike and ride the second half.

Last edited:
Top Bottom