FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 19th November - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Because you'll be taking a chance

if memory serves

2006 - 3 intrepid souls ride to Bracklesham Bay. Flying Dodo's eye freezes shut. My beard is crisp and white. I am forced to wear longs.

2007 - Six or seven of us ride to Brighton - straight down the A23, the B2036 and the A23 again. It's damned cold. I stop to wait for the others. Ten metres on a pipe had fractured, creating a sheet of ice. If I hadn't stopped we'd have been on our backsides

2008 - mild enough to be May. About 30 of us arrive in Brighton thinking we should have brought the sun cream

2009 - the BBC predicts 5mm of rain. We get 20mm - the wettest FNRttC ever. Rain bounces nine inches off the tarmac. Roads flood. Adrian and I get drenched from head to foot by the bow wave of a passing car. We sustain 12 punctures. The ride is only redeemed by the solicitude of various male FNRttCers of a certain age accompanying Katarzyna on her shopping bike. Competition for TEC places has never been so intense.

Bear in mind, particularly those of you who might be booking long distance rail tickets, that if there is a chance of ice I'll pull the ride.

I intend to have a chat with Mark at the Cabin Cafe. Our arrangement in previous years has been that if we have twentyfive riders then we can stop by - to ask him to get up so early for less would be wrong. If it is a very small ride we'll pop in to our favourite airport. If it's just shy of the 25 we'll go to the only motorway service station in England that is not actually on a motorway. The route will therefore depend on the numbers and on the weather - if it's a clear warm night we might just go for the Lower Beeding Variation. If it chucks it down it's Cuckfield and Haywards Heath.

The ride won't fill, so take your time about registering - I'll close it on the 12th

Simon C
Joe R
Jef C
Fahd C
Nicholas G
Matt C
Trevor L
Karen F
Susie F
Ian A
Stuart A
Matt L
Martin N
User S
Paul McN
Clive P
Nigel W (who will presumably wear a t-shirt, whatever the weather)
Luke C
Peter L - please get back to me
Davy S
Martin F
Gaz - please get in touch via fnrttc@yahool.co.uk
Tim D
Scott D - I need Scott's confirmation on the basics - I presume he's under 18

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes please

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes please Simon. I'll be in the smoke that night regardless of weather (Therapy? gig at the Forum- logistics of combining the two events should be manageable), and I actually enjoyed last year's...!!
Before anyone asks, yes, I'll be extra, extra careful on Reigate Hill.....

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can I come please?
biggrin.gif

oh you sod i told myself after last years drenching I wasent going to do the November ride........put me down ( not literally )

PpPete

Legendary Member
yeah - at last a date I can manage (or rather one that I got on the calendar before OH booked owt else)
My £1.50 megatrain ticket is already booked.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
yeah - at last a date I can manage (or rather one that I got on the calendar before OH booked owt else)
My £1.50 megatrain ticket is already booked.
you have e-mail....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Being that i am still in recovery mode, whereby i am still not thinking, talking or walking properly, it will be a yes from me please!

Top Bottom