FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ The blog above is one of the most descriptive and 'readable' that one could wish to read. I advise bookmarking it for those long, dull evenings when you want to 'go cycling' on 'paper'. The Sportsman adventure is a lovely, rounded story - very creative thinking.

Lovely writing Els.

Thanks Aperitif! You've made my day!

CharlieB: can we have that marvellous individually wrapped carrot and marmalade cake recipe please?

StuartG

slower but further
Thanks Aperitif! You've made my day!
And mine too! I was worried my scintillating conversation on ...errrr ... I've forgoten - had driven you from the Waterfront Club. Know I know it was my rapid demolition of a Full English that caused you to flee to the even greater culinary delights of The Sportsmen.

I did try and catch the train from Faversham but the ticket office was closed and the machine didn't do railcards so I sauntered on to Sittingbourne in beautiful sun. If it hadn't been for a redecoration appointment I might have been tempted to cycle on. Fortuneately not. The skies were grim and roads wet as the train scooted through Bromley. Just Bromley - it was fine by Penge. Must be something about B.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You'll be wanting my ultra-selective chocolate crumble date bar recipe then...(' ultra-selective' as in, the seagulls swooped, Rich took a photo that resembled a scoop-o-turd moment, someone else drifted in and ate the last bit) :smile:

Dan Lepard - well spotted in the Guardian

I did print off the recipe and am going to give it a go on one of my house husband days
thumbsup.png

sjt

Über Member
I did try and catch the train from Faversham but the ticket office was closed and the machine didn't do railcards so I sauntered on to Sittingbourne in beautiful sun.

Ticket office closed, I installed myself on a London-bound train and bought a ticket from the conductor, who asked where I had been riding. Turned out he had just been leaving home for work that morning, when he saw the peloton passing…

My thanks to to the great-hearted folk who organised and administered the ride. More than I would ever have attempted alone; I felt in safe hands. Delighted to discover Guinness has just the correct balance of electroltyes to supplement a dehydrated rider’s full English.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
^ The blog above is one of the most descriptive and 'readable' that one could wish to read. I advise bookmarking it for those long, dull evenings when you want to 'go cycling' on 'paper'. The Sportsman adventure is a lovely, rounded story - very creative thinking.

Lovely writing Els.

I'll second that - great prose.

It pays to do some research and having enough charm to wheedle your way in to a fully booked michelin restaurant earns my respect.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Has anyone heard from the Italian couple, Michael and Alessandro last seen heading off at speed from the front of the SMRbtH into Sittingbourne?

zigzag

Veteran
Has anyone heard from the Italian couple, Michael and Alessandro last seen heading off at speed from the front of the SMRbtH into Sittingbourne?

i think bloke's name was Chris, he gave his spare aa batteries to put into my gps, so i can guide them to surrey quays.. hopefully they reached london ok.

Top Bottom